Get Inspired at NETglobal 2006 – Thomson NETgs Industry Leading Enterprise Learning Conference
Thomson NETg to Announce Illuminati Awards Finalists for Excellence in Learning at Conference Gala
Scottsdale, AZ, 03/29/2006, Learning leaders representing top organizations and government agencies will join Thomson NETg, a part of The Thomson Corporation (NYSE: TOC; TSX: TOC), at its annual enterprise learning conference, NETglobal 2006, April 5-7 at the Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center in Arizona to learn, network and gain fresh insight into the learning tools, strategies and techniques leading organizations are using to unlock employee potential and drive business results.
This year’s conference features five keynote presentations from a range of motivational leaders including best-selling author Annette Moser-Wellman, BlackPlanet.com Executive Director Omar Wasow and U.S. Olympic Hall of Famer Peter Vidmar. Thomson NETg will also announce the finalists of the annual Illumanati Awards recognizing the best in learning programs and announce the winners at a gala dinner event during the conference.
NETglobal 2006 keynote presentations include:
* In the Now Forum featuring Jo-Ann Killinger, Alcatel; Steve Mosley, Alltel; Keith Bridges, EDS; and Rich Hoeg, Honeywell
* A Dozen Innovations = Paradigm Shift, featuring Lois Rouder, Dell Inc.; Josh Blair, Telus; and Rick Sciortino, HSBC
* Omar Wasow is the Executive Director of BlackPlanet.com at Community Connect Inc. Under Omar’s leadership, BlackPlanet.com has become the leading site for African Americans, reaching over two million people a month. He regularly appears on television shows such as Today, Oprah and CNN’s Aaron Brown.
* Annette Moser-Wellman, a strategic creativity and integrated marketing expert, is author of the bestseller, The Five Faces of Genius. She founded FireMark, an innovation consultancy in 1997. Annette has more than 15 years of leadership and marketing experience
* Peter Vidmar, a member of the US Olympic Hall of Fame, won two gold medals and one silver medal in gymnastics at the 1984 Olympic Games. Peter has leveraged his Olympic training and traveled the world helping organizations to motivate employees, improve morale and encourage new ways of thinking.
Thomson NETg will also host the annual Illuminati Awards for excellence in learning at the Gala Dinner on Thursday, April 6. Finalists for the Illuminati Awards are:
* Best Leadership Development Program – Greg Miller, Alliance Data; Chris Collie, Interval International; Chris Harry, TEKsystems
* Best Marketing Program for Learning – Michelle Brockman, BMW Manufacturing Co.; Annette Brown, Luxottica Retail; Jo Solonika, TeleTech
* Most Innovative Learning Program – Bob Hill, Kimberly-Clark Corporation; Fateh AL-Joundi, Sun Microsystems; Judy Benavides, SYSCO
* Best Overall Blended Learning Program – Louise Galbraith, HSBC Bank; David Groeller, HSN; Christina Cernuch, La Quinta Inns
* Best Measurement Program for Learning – Jim Trunick, Allergan; Duane De Jager, TELUS Communications
* Learning Leader of the Year – Keith Bridges, PhD. CPT, EDS; Rich Hoeg, Honeywell; Richard Sciortino, HSBC Bank
“We’re proud to be able to highlight the extraordinary accomplishments of these learning leaders,” said Clint Everton, interim president of Thomson NETg. “Their achievements in enterprise learning can offer guidance and inspiration to all of us focused on helping increase organizational competitiveness by improving individual performance.”
Mr. Everton and Master of Ceremonies, Keith Bridges, Chief Learning Architect, EDS, will present the Illuminati Awards.
Throughout NETglobal, Thomson NETg representatives and clients will present breakout sessions on a variety of topics and best practices in the industry. Subjects include leadership development, technical excellence, competency mapping, compliance training, marketing learning programs and enterprise deployment, among others.
In addition, NETglobal features many opportunities to test-drive the newest Thomson NETg solutions in the conference Experience Center. In addition to its own offerings, NETglobal will welcome its sister company Thomson Prometric. Industry partners Toolwire, getAbstract, Safari, Karta, Saba and SumTotal will also be among the Experience Center exhibitors. NETglobal attendees will include representatives from Honeywell, Verizon, HSBC, Sun Microsystems, HSN, Sysco, Siemens, Dell, EDS, Northwest Airlines and many others.
Visit the event website for complete conference information at www.netglobal.com.
About The Thomson Corporation and Thomson NETg
The Thomson Corporation (www.thomson.com ), with 2005 revenues of $8.70 billion, is a global leader in providing integrated information solutions to business and professional customers. Thomson provides value-added information, software tools and applications to more than 20 million users in the fields of law, tax, accounting, financial services, higher education, reference information, corporate e-learning and assessment, scientific research and healthcare. With operational headquarters in Stamford, Conn., Thomson has approximately 40,000 employees and provides services in approximately 130 countries. The Corporation’s common shares are listed on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges (NYSE: TOC; TSX: TOC).
- Contact Information
- Adam Gaber
- Senior Director, Public Relations
- Thomson Learning
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.