Pick Your Swimsuit While the Pickins are Good; 10 Tips for Finding the Best Style for Your Body
How many times have you waited to buy a swimsuit only to find that the best styles are gone? Why wait for that must-go pool party? Do it now so your only problem is deciding which one.
Even if you’re not a self-proclaimed fashionista you know that choosing a swimsuit is one of a fashionable life’s more important decisions. You are, after all, practically naked when wearing one.
Before color or print, decide which body features you want to play up or hide. “Unless you’ve got a model-body perfect and can throw on any ole suit, I suggest splurging a bit by investing in a great fit. You might have to pay a prettier penny but it will be worth it. Quality makes a difference when it comes to the art of body disguise, especially with bathing suits” says Tracey Vest, fashion consultant at ShopForClothes.com.
Vest predicts that hot brands this year will be Sonia Vera, OYE, and Letarte. She also suggests checking out designers that are known for their street clothing lines like: Juicy Couture, Tommy Hilfiger and Ella Moss.
Here are Vest’s 10 tips for playing up or down specific areas:
1. Bust enhancing – If you want to draw attention to the bust by making it look fuller that it is, ruffles are a great solution. Layers of tiered ruffles on top instantly add volume and give the illusion of a fuller chest.
2. Butt minimizing - An extra band of fabric around the hips, even a few inches, can camouflage your rear end while still leaving a bit to the imagination. Shop higher end brands that are cut well and allow you to buy separates so you can get a great fit top and bottom.
3. Body lengthening - A plunging V-neck helps to create a slimming line down the center of your torso and higher cut leg openings make your gams appear longer. Solid, dark colors are good choices for a lengthening visual.
4. Eliminating love handles - Bottoms with adjustable ties on the sides ensure that the suit won’t cut into your hip; this provides a customized much more flattering fit.
5. Bust lifting - A slight curvy sweetheart top gives your chest a nice, defined shape, while the bra-like underwire provides exactly the right amount of support.
6. Tummy concealing - Strategic ruching around the mid-section hides any hint of a paunch, and the one-piece construction is ideal for holding everything in.
7. Heavy thighs? Look for a sarong that matches your suit or try a skirted swim suit. There are styles that look completely modern and hip.
8. Want a miracle? Try the Miraclesuit…seriously…this company makes swimwear that will shape and firm like Spanx does under your clothes. Read extra firm control with great style.
9. Buy the right size. Don’t worry about sizes! Go for fit. If you are a plus size, plus sized swim wear will make you look your best.
10. One-piece, tankini, monokini, bikini?…the range is out there in every designer’s line. “Wear what you feel good in,” says Vest. “There are no IN or OUT styles. You want to be able to enjoy a great time poolside or at the beach so wear something you can move in so you can concentrate on having a ball.”
ShopForClothes.com offers a swimsuit finding solution now. Type swimsuits into their search bar and scan the choices. Type in a brand name if you’ve got a favorite. Pop your choices into a Virtual Closet and decide – better yet email your closet to a friend and get their opinion.
# # #
- Contact Information
- Karin Burgess
- Whiting Burgess LLC
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.