A Volcanic Crisis - A Consumer Guide to Travel Rights!
Events of the last few days have served to illustrate how fragile our developed world is at the hands of nature! We have witnessed secenes of empty airports, trapped airline passengers, hearing of the problems of intending package holidaymakers, stranded holidaymakers and of the logistical problems of airlines.
Whilst recognition must be given to the authorities for their prompt action, in what is clearly a serious safety issue, we consider that regard must be had for the many thousands of travellers and package holidaymakers and their rights in this difficult situation.
We have produced a guide to those rights (published on our website), which provides details on issues, such as:
1. Guidance on Compensation under EU Directive 261/2004 and how it is unlikely to be paid,
2. The Right to Reimbursement and Rerouting under EU Directive 261/2004,
3. The Right to Care under EU Directive 261/2004,
4. Significant Change Rights if you are an intending Package Holidaymaker under Regulations 12 & 13 of The Package Travel Regulations,
5. Guidance for Package Holidaymakers on compensation under The Package Travel Regulations (unlikely),
6. If you are a Package Holidaymaker ’trapped’ in resort, your rights to assistance under Regulation 15 of The Package Travel Regulations,
7. Guidance as to your rights if you are an independent ’package’ holidaymaker,
8. How to deal with debit or credit card claims, and
9. Travel Insurance issues
Frank Brehany, the Senior Consumer Advocate for HolidayTravelWatch states,
“We are all at the mercy of the elements, but that does not mean that attention should not be paid to Consumer Rights! I appreciate that our commentary will not be popular, but the issues raised form an essential part of the contract between a traveller and travel provider. I sincerely hope that this situation will not last long; for the present, heed should be made to these important Consumer Rights!”
- Contact Information
- Frank Brehany
- Senior Consumer Advocate
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.