Android and iPhone Finally See i to Eye: With Live Video Sharing Thanks to Knocking Live Video
The only 3G phone-to-phone streaming video app can now broadcast live from Android to iPhone and vice-versa
Danbury, CT and Las Vegas, NV — March 24, 2009 — The Android and iPhone are playing nice. Pointy Heads Software, creators of the only phone-to-phone video-streaming app supported by 3G, today launched an entire platform redesign, along with an Android version of Knocking Live Video in beta at CTIA. Not only is the new version of Knocking Live Video the only phone to phone video-streaming app for 3G networks, it also works online and across platforms as a fully-fledged social network.
What’s New in 1.2/Android:
• Cross-platform live video – Knocking can now broadcast live video between Android and iPhone smartphones.
• New website – www.knockinglive.com has been completely redesigned for better access to other users and content.
• Online user profiles – Knocking Live now features online profiles to better find friends for sharing moments
• Online forums – User forums to share questions, answers and experiences with other Knocking users
• Enhanced server capabilities – Knocking’s server capacity has been enhanced to provide faster load times and peer-to-peer connections
• New graphics – For iPhone, in-session graphics now mirror an typical iPhone phone call
Thanks to Knocking Live Video, Apple, Google, Verizon and AT&T at video-sharing peace. Meanwhile, the existing Knocking Live Video for iPhone has been upgraded to version 1.2, including new features, online user profiles, and server upgrades.
The Android version of Knocking is launches as the app enjoys global popularity on the iPhone platform following an unlikely approval process involving Steve Jobs. The app is downloaded approximately 13,000 times daily and has consistently ranked in the top 10 of free social networking apps since peaking at #3 within two days of launch in December, 2009.
“We’ve had enormous success as the only phone-to-phone 3G video app on the iPhone. Knocking just keeps on growing,” said Jim Montalto co-founder of Pointy Heads Software. “We’re excited to debut on Android, and to let Android users interact with iPhone users in ways they haven’t ever been able to before.”
Knocking Live Video for iPhone is available for download in the Apple App Store and the Android Marketplace.
About Pointy Heads Software:
Pointy Heads Software are innovators helping people share their mobile lives. Having introduced Knocking, AhhFone, Chicken Kazoo, BlowUP, and MyTopTen, Pointy Heads Software is changing the perception of what it means to be pointy. That’s why Pointy Heads Software’s three pointy heads are hard at work developing applications for every type of mobile device - from the Apple iPhone to Blackberry and Android smartphones.
With Pointy Heads Software, you are ready to share your mobile life.
Who wants to be a flat head anyway? BE POINTY!
- Contact Information
- Kevin Jordan
- Account Manager
- VSC Consulting
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.