Vistamatic implements strategy to reduce environmental impact
Vistamatic, an international designer and manufacturer of observation window systems, today announces its commitment to reducing the company’s environmental impact.
Says CEO, Kevin Roth: “Carbon reducing measures form an integral part of the overall company strategy, helping to improve both operational performance and a reduction in potentially harmful emissions to land, water and air.”
All Vistamatic vision panels consist of 100% recyclable material, including glass and galvanized steel components. The company’s ultimate aim is for a 0% carbon balance to be achieved within the next 5 years where practical.
To assist in the achievement of this goal, the company will;
• Comply with all current energy legislation, seeking to meet or better legislative targets.
• Minimize waste, promote recycling and the use of recycled products to help reduce the burden on landfill and subsequent methane generation
• Continue to promote and design energy efficient and carbon reducing systems and equipment on behalf of clients
• Promote environmental awareness and responsibility amongst employees and others and will seek, where practicable, to continually improve Company environmental performance.
• Activate and promote “Skype conferencing” as a means of reducing travel.
• Support employee home-working.
Actions developed to date include;
• Integration of environmental issues into all aspects of the decision making processes.
• Sustainable sourcing Purchasing Policy.
• Installation of energy efficient, and therefore carbon reducing equipment throughout Company premises.
• Vehicle sharing policy.
• The assessment and procurement of fuel efficient vehicles, supported by scheduled deliveries.
- Contact Information
- Michelle Milsom
- Downey Mckay
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.