Skyfire Launches its Next Generation Windows Mobile Browser 1.5: Sharper, Smarter and Finger-Friendly
Mountain View, CA – December 9, 2009 – Skyfire, makers of Webby award-winning, PC-like web-browser for mobile devices, today launched the next generation of its Skyfire browser, version 1.5, for Windows Mobile. The newest version is now available for download at get.skyfire.com. Enhancements in the new version include full support for high-resolution screens, a fresh user interface (UI) that is more finger friendly, crisper text, smoother zooming, and a full-screen mode that maximizes screen real estate. Skyfire 1.5 promises smarter and gorgeously crisper browsing.
What’s new in 1.5:
• Full VGA Support. Skyfire now provides native support for the VGA and wVGA resolutions as seen on many recent Windows Mobile phones.
• Smooth Scrolling. Kinetic scrolling has been added to Skyfire. Flick and you will see that scrolling has become very smooth.
• Finger friendly UI. There are many UI updates to enable finger friendliness, increase the ease of use and add a bit of fun to the Skyfire experience. We updated as well the start page to be simpler-to-use with high-resolution devices.
• Full screen mode. For touch screens we have a mode that will completely remove all UI elements from the screen to provide maximum visibility onto the page. Tap the bottom right corner to bring back the toolbar.
• Auto-Move text entry. This keeps any text entry box visible when the virtual keyboard is used. This convenient feature assures that web site forms are easy to use, in case the SIP (i.e., virtual keyboard) covers it.
• Latest versions of Flash 10 and Silverlight. 1.5 has been updated to the newest and most stable versions of both rich-media formats.
• Performance enhancements. Both Skyfire’s client and servers have been upgraded for faster, more responsive browsing.
“We know fans of the Skyfire browser will be thrilled with the new edition. Video, text, and images all look crisp and stunning in high-resolution. And we’ve listened to our community and made the browser easier to use for touch screens than ever.” states Jeff Glueck, CEO of Skyfire.
With Skyfire, consumers can access the full “desktop computer” content of virtually any web site, including web video and live events, just as it would appear on a PC. Known for its speed, Skyfire launches quickly and loads web pages faster than other mobile-based browsers, thanks to Skyfire’s cloud computing technology, which compresses and boosts the speed of complex web sites. Skyfire is also the first “social browser” for mobile phones; when users find a page they want to share with friends, they can tweet and publish Facebook updates with just one click within the browser.
Additionally, Skyfire features a customizable homepage integrating RSS feeds, Facebook and Twitter feeds, and Gmail, into one convenient stream. The Skyfire start page, known as “Fireplace,” has been updated with crisp high-resolution text in version 1.5.
Skyfire is the creator of the Skyfire mobile browser, which delivers the PC web to mobile phones so its users can experience the web on their phone exactly as they do on their desktop computers. The browser won the Best Mobile Application-People’s Voice at the 2009 Webby Awards and was named App of the Day by the San Francisco Chronicle and App of the Week by the New York Times. For more information, visit www.skyfire.com, or follow Skyfire on Twitter at twitter.com/skyfire.
- Contact Information
- Kevin Jordan
- The Wolf
- VSC Consulting
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.