HLN and CNN Top MSNBC in Total Day Demo
MSNBC in 4th Place in Total Day (6a-6a) and 5th Place in Daytime (9a until 5p) Demo in November; Nancy Grace Edges Out Countdown with Keith Olbermann at 8 pm
Both HLN and CNN topped MSNBC during the month of November in the Total Day demo adults 25-54; with HLN posting 139k and CNN with 136k while MSNBC placed 4th with 127k. HLN, posting its best year ever to date, has now topped MSNBC for the second consecutive month in the 25-54 demo.
During non-opinion programming (9am until 5 pm), CNN averaged 567k in total viewers and 130k among adults 25-54, easily topping MSNBC’s 266k/73k. MSNBC places 5th each hour (9 am until 4 pm) in the key demo 25-54, trailing far behind FNC, CNN, HLN and CNBC – and at 4pm, MSNBC places 3rd, tying with HLN.
At 8 pm, HLN’s Nancy Grace topped MSNBC’s Countdown with Keith Olbermann in the key demo with 300k vs. 299k. In Primetime, (M-F/8 pm–11 pm), comparing the opinion networks, HLN averaged 588k in total viewers and 220k in adults 25-54. MSNBC’s opinion programming posted 825k in total viewers and 250k among 25-54, and FNC’s had 2.620m/714k respectively.
CNN is the only cable news channel that continues to provide non-partisan programming, representing all points of view in weekday Primetime, posting 741k in total viewers and 207k in the key demo adults 25-54.
In 2009, CNN is positioned to have its best year in five years among Total Day and Primetime (in both total viewers and the key demo 25-54) omitting last year’s record-high election coverage deliveries.
In the morning (6a-9a), HLN’s Morning Express with Robin Meade attracted 326k total viewers and 178k in the 25-54 demo and CNN’s American Morning averaged 384k/130k respectively. This represents the HLN program’s best total viewer delivery ever. MSNBC’s opinion program Morning Joe continues to trail behind in the 25-54 demo – for the eight consecutive month – with 106k in November.
In October, CNN Digital beat the top TV News Properties on the web in all metrics, including unique audience and video. Additionally, CNN Digital has been the No. 1 mobile destination among all news sites for the past 33 consecutive months.
• No. 1 in Unique Audience: 38.3 million unique visitors, beating MSNBC Digital by 3.2 million and Fox News Digital by 22.1 million. CNN Digital also beat CBS News Digital by 28 million and ABC News Digital by 24 million.
• No. 1 in Video: More than 285 million minutes, 9 million more than No. 2 MSNBC Digital. CNN Digital is also the No. 1 news video property year-to-date averaging more than 327 million minutes per month.
• No. 1 in Mobile: 11.9 million unique visitors, surpassing the nearest competitor Yahoo! News by 127%. CNN Digital has remained the number one mobile news and information site for 33 consecutive months according to Nielsen Mobile Media View. (Source: Nielsen Mobile Media View - September 2009)
CNN Digital is No. 1 among all News and Information sites in share of online news, total minutes and average time per person.
• No. 1 in Share: 9%, nearly doubling MSBNC Digital (5%)
• No. 1 in Total Usage Minutes: 1.2 billion total usage minutes, 77% ahead of MSNBC Digital (688 million).
• No. 1 in Time Per Person: 30% more time spent per person with CNN Digital than any other site among the top 20 sites.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.