Dell To Deliver Best Value To Customers, Continue To Streamline Its Operations, Through The Transfer And Alignment Of Its Poland Manufacturing Operation To Foxconn
Dell today said it will best serve its regional customers and strengthen the company’s long-term position in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) with the planned transfer and alignment of its Lodz manufacturing operation to Foxconn Technology Group.
The move will enable Dell to provide even greater value to customers by further simplifying Dell’s global operations and making them more efficient. Following the transfer, Dell will continue to source desktop and notebook computers, servers and storage systems for EMEA customers from Lodz via Foxconn, the world’s largest joint design-and-development-services provider of electronics.
• Dell plans to transfer ownership of the Lodz manufacturing operation. When the transfer is complete, Dell will become a customer of Foxconn’s manufacturing services in Poland.
• The combination of Dell’s state-of-the-art operation and Foxconn’s leading, environmentally-friendly manufacturing expertise will benefit customers by providing them a broad and growing range of leading, high-performance computer systems and solutions at great value.
• Current Dell employees in Lodz will continue in their roles when Foxconn assumes management of the operation, sustaining jobs in the region.
• The agreement is subject to European Union regulatory approval and closing processes.
• The announcement does not affect Dell’s sales and marketing office in Warsaw, Poland.
Sean Corkery, vice president, Dell supply-chain operations: “Extending our relationship with Foxconn allows us to help customers grow and succeed by making the most of their IT investments, in a way they’ve come to expect from Dell. We’re pleased that Foxconn recognizes the knowledge and skills of the Dell Lodz employees and will continue to rely on them to fulfill customer requirements and grow the operation.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.