Nayatek Launches Cloud Storage Support for Rackspace Cloud Files for the Datosphere Content Archiving Platform
Philadelphia, PA – December 2, 2009 – Nayatek, the developer of the next generation integrated content archiving platform, Datosphere, today announced that it has teamed up with Rackspace to provide seamless delivery of archived email, files and IM from the Datosphere Integrated Content Archiving Platform directly to Rackspace Cloud Files™, the unlimited online storage service from The Rackspace Cloud, the cloud computing division of Rackspace Hosting. Customers can now easily add Cloud storage as a key component to their Datosphere archive federated, redundant or disaster recovery storage topology requiring no new software, hardware or licenses.
The Wikibon Project, an open source sharing community and IT Research/Advisory firm headquartered in Marlborough, MA, predicts that by 2011, 70% of commercial organizations will be using cloud computing in the form of cloud infrastructure or Software-as-a-Service. “The benefits are just too compelling to ignore” says Gary MacFadden, a Principal Research Contributor in Wikibon’s Information Management practice. “Next generation storage features and functionality such as compliance, data protection, deduplication, encryption, multi-tenancy, and replication paired with massive scalability, reliability, ease of use, and security features, such as authentication or WORM, have made both public and private cloud storage solutions very attractive for a variety of use cases including archiving unstructured data, where primary storage is not a necessity and often cost prohibitive.”
Datosphere is the first on-premise content archiving platform to deliver a truly unified solution set to support the seamless delivery of archived content directly to Cloud Storage. It provides customers with unparalleled flexibility, easy to implement redundancy, business continuity options and most importantly, peace of mind. Organizations can optimize their email and file servers by offloading storage from primary or secondary SAN or NAS storage to lower cost Rackspace Cloud Files storage without impacting user productivity.
Using the Datosphere platform with Rackspace Cloud Files storage provides organizations with significant benefits:
- Integrated Cloud Storage Support – In a matter of minutes an organization can implement seamless cloud storage of archived content as part of their Datosphere storage topology.
- No Hassle Redundancy & Business Continuity - Integrated redundancies and easy to implement business continuity options combined with support for virtualization provides organizations with more flexibility than any other archiving solution available.
- Seamless Fast Search, Access and Recovery – Users are empowered to quickly search on the fully indexed archived content, retrieve and recover emails and files without ever involving IT staff.
- Comprehensive E-Discovery – Robust federated search, scheduled searches, folder and case management and granular legal hold capabilities facilitate effective internal investigations, pro-active litigation readiness and rapid response to E-Discovery requests
- Flexible Retention Policies – Easily implement powerful retention policies across all archived content (files, emails, attachments, and instant messages)
- Integrated Security - Native encryption, a tamper resistant archive, granular role definition and a comprehensive audit trail ensures that ESI is secure.
“The seamless integration between Nayatek’s content archiving platform, Datosphere, and Rackspace Cloud Files, can save organizations valuable space in their expensive storage devices like SAN or NAS, by offloading files straight to the cloud,” said Jim Curry, Vice President of Corporate Development at Rackspace. “Nayatek’s support for Rackspace Cloud Files is a great example of the value that cloud computing brings to the table. Cloud Files is well suited for archived data and unlike traditional storage solutions, there is nothing to buy and no upfront costs for Cloud Files. The Rackspace Cloud can deliver this functionality along with guaranteed uptime and 24/7 Fanatical Support.”
About The Rackspace Cloud
The Rackspace Cloud provides on-demand scalable website, application and storage hosting backed by Fanatical Support®. Through its suite of cloud solutions, Cloud Sites™, Cloud Files™ and Cloud Servers™, The Rackspace Cloud enables astute developers and IT managers to minimize the hassles, upfront investments and high costs associated with dedicated hardware while offering the ability to easily scale hosting resources. For more information about The Rackspace Cloud, visit http://www.rackspacecloud.com/ or call 1-877-934-0409.
NAYATEK is a developer of Integrated Content Archiving solutions providing comprehensive Content Archiving, EDiscovery, Storage Management, Business Continuity and Compliance functionality designed to specifically assist organizations to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of their electronically stored information (ESI) and to maintain objectively verifiable, robust procedures to comply with industry regulations. For more information visit www.nayatek.com
- Contact Information
- Scott Lehmann
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.