Do You Speak Digital? Motorola Launches Europe’s First License Free Digital Two-Way Radio
HANNOVER, GERMANY – 10th March 2006 - In one of the most significant technology advances in two-way radios in years, Motorola today unveiled Europe’s first digital licensed free two-way radios, the Motorola DTR2430™ and the Motorola DTR2450™. The new additions to Motorola’s portfolio take the entry level business two-way radio communications to a new level offering cellular-like features, combined with the ability to make both one-to-one and one-to-many calls, without the commitment of monthly fees or contracts.
The new digital radios are designed for use on-site and the new features help to expand the capabilities of both individuals and teams enabling them to improve efficiency and productivity through improved communication with functionality such as SMS and Call Forwarding. Other features, such as the Transmit ID, mean radios receiving calls will display the ID of the transmitting unit so people know instantly who needs to get hold of them.
The two radios are similar in features, but the DTR2450™ is ideal for managers and decision makers as it offers the ability to monitor, manage and programme their teams’ radios.
The innovative digital functions include:
* Enhanced Coverage – the new digital radios give superior in-building coverage, in comparison with analogue radios.
* Short Messaging Service – text messaging, with ten preset messages that users can change to suit their individual business needs.
* Scroll List – displaying frequently used group and individual IDs for easiest access.
* Long Battery Life – offering up to 20 hours of operation.
* Digital Audio Quality – offering enhanced audio quality right up to the edge of coverage.
* Unique Radio ID – that gives cellular like functionality such as Caller ID, Call Forwarding, remote switch on / off, contact list.
* Digital One-to-one Calling – allowing someone to call and talk privately with a user’s specific radio.
* Digital One-to-many Calling – enabling public group calls, meaning all other DTR Series™ radios on the same group ID and channel hear communications, similar to analogue radio operation, and private group calls, meaning the DTR Series™ radios can be programmed to communicate with specific sets or group members.
Designed for use in the many business environments where communication is the key to helping provide the best customer service, improving productivity or maintaining the safety of workers, the DTR Series™ offers a powerful set of innovative and useful features.
Industries such as, education, retail, manufacturing, property management, hospitality and construction could all benefit from the digital performance of the Motorola DTR2430™ and DTR2450™.
The radios also feature enhanced security, with the addition of Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS). The radios are also robust and meet US Military 810 C, D, E and F specifications and Motorola standards for durability and reliability. Users can rest-assured that the radios have been rigorously tested and will combat blowing rain, salt fog, blowing dust, constant vibration, shock and high and low temperature storage.
For pictures of the radios, please go to our graphix library www.motorola.com/mediacenter/graphics/list/0,,4388,00.html
Motorola is known around the world for innovation and leadership in wireless and broadband communications. Inspired by our vision of Seamless Mobility, the people of Motorola are committed to helping you get and stay connected simply and seamlessly to the people, information, and entertainment that you want and need. We do this by designing and delivering “must have” products, “must do” experiences and powerful networks -- along with a full complement of support services. A Fortune 100 company with global presence and impact, Motorola had sales of US $36.8 billion in 2005. For more information about our company, our people and our innovations, please visit www.motorola.com
# # #
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners. (c)Motorola, Inc. 2006.
- Contact Information
- Suzanne McDermott-Swan
- Media Contact
- Motorola, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.