Verizon Wireless Announces The Availability Of The Samsung Omnia II
Full Touch Screen Phone Features Windows Mobile 6.5, Swype Technology and One-Touch Access to Social Networking and Entertainment Features.
BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and DALLAS — Verizon Wireless and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) today announced the availability of the Samsung Omnia® II™, a full-touch all-in-one smartphone powered by Windows Mobile® 6.5 to keep customers connected to their corporate and personal e-mail accounts and synchronized with their schedules and contacts.
Available Colors: Black with red accents on the battery cover
* 3.7-inch ultra-brilliant touch screen
o Widescreen WVGA AMOLED (Wide Video Graphics Array Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode) responsive touch screen results in one of the brightest and clearest displays on a mobile phone in the United States
* Virtual QWERTY keyboard with Swype technology allows customers to input text faster and easier with one continuous finger or stylus motion across the screen keyboard
* Features Windows Mobile 6.5, which keeps customers connected with corporate and personal e-mail and synchronization of schedules and contacts
* Microsoft Office Mobile® enhances productivity with the ability to manage Word, Excel® and PowerPoint® documents
* Enhanced 3D cube user interface
* Full HTML Web browsing capabilities with Opera 9.5 enhanced browser
* One-touch access to social networking sites via shortcut widgets
* Supports Verizon Wireless services, including V CAST Music with Rhapsody, V CAST Video on Demand, V CAST Song ID, Visual Voice Mail, VZW Tones, VZ Navigator(SM), Mobile IM and Mobile Email
* Full messaging suite, including SMS, MMS, Mobile IM, Mobile Email and Corporate Email
* Access to social networking applications, including YouTube™, Facebook® and MySpace, with Samsung’s unique TouchWiz™ 2.0 user interface
* 5.0 megapixel camera with flash and auto-focus and camcorder and decoder with DNSe technology and on-device editing capabilities
* Wi-Fi technology (802.11 b/g)
* Support for Divx and Xvid movie files
* 8 GB internal memory and expandable memory of up to 16 GB with microSD™ memory card (card sold separately)
* Bluetooth® profiles supported: headset (mono and stereo), hands-free (car kits), object push for vCard, basic imaging, phonebook access profiles. Also supports serial port, dial-up networking, object push for vCalendar, file transfer, basic printing and human interface device profiles
Pricing and availability:
* The Samsung Omnia II will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Dec. 2 for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
* For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.