TANDBERG Introduces Industry’s First Large-Scale Provisioning Solution for Personal Video Conferencing
TANDBERG Management Suite delivers a scalable “out of the box” solution allowing enterprises to instantly deploy TANDBERG E20 video phones and TANDBERG Movi PC video to thousands, reducing the cost of ownership
NEW YORK and OSLO, Norway. TANDBERG today introduced the industry’s first large-scale provisioning solution that allows enterprises to quickly and efficiently deploy TANDBERG E20 personal video conferencing phones and TANDBERG Movi PC video conferencing to thousands of employees in minutes. Utilizing newly introduced features for the TANDBERG Management Suite (TMS), the scalable solution is designed to reduce the cost of ownership by eliminating the time involved in setting up individual devices across large or geographically dispersed organizations.
“Demand for personal video conferencing in the enterprise is growing faster than any other part of the video communications market,” said Scott Morrison, Research Vice President, Enterprise Network Services, Gartner. “But IT departments are wary of the impact of deploying and supporting so many end-user devices. The ability to centrally provision – and re-provision – on a large scale is a key concern for organizations looking to reduce the cost of both the initial setup and of ongoing moves, adds and changes in these mass deployments. This becomes even more important for organizations with large numbers of remote workers, where end-user install can avoid the cost of a truck roll.”
Traditional video phone deployments can require administrators to spend significant time and resources on planning and logistics, as well as an average of 30 minutes per device; multiply that by thousands, and businesses are faced with an immense resource burden that drives up IT costs substantially. Large scale provisioning enables organizations of all sizes to deploy out of the box video conferencing solutions that can be provisioned rapidly and scaled based on enterprise need. This enhances the cost savings promise of visual communications and significantly eases mass deployment of video.
TANDBERG’s unique provisioning solution – made possible through a software upgrade to the TANDBERG Management Suite - can be deployed in three easy steps thanks to seamless integration through the TANDBERG Video Communication Server:
1. Administrator configures policies for video users and imports new user addresses from Active Directory
2. Users receive an automated email that includes username and password
3. Users plug in their video system, sign in and are ready to make a video call
“To realize the maximum benefits of visual communications, telepresence and video conferencing systems needs to be available not just in the meeting rooms, but also in everyone’s office and on everyone’s desk,” said Håkon Dahle, TANDBERG Chief Technologist. “Through our large scale provisioning solution, TANDBERG is the first to provide the foundation for a massively scalable and easily deployable enterprise video communications infrastructure. We are delivering greater value for customers of all sizes and making it possible to build large video communities in an extremely efficient manner.”
The TANDBERG large-scale provisioning solution is powered by:
* The TANDBERG Management Suite (TMS) is the industry’s leading management platform. It provides administrators with complete visibility and control for carrying out key operations and monitoring on-site and remote video networks. TMS is scalable, easy-to-use and integrates with existing applications and third-party vendors to increase ROI. The new software upgrade makes TMS even more powerful by enabling provisioning to thousands of personal video systems in three simple steps.
* The TANDBERG E20 is a business quality personal video conferencing device that allows for a fully integrated video experience. The E20 is for organizations that want to expand personal video conferencing usage at all levels by video-enabling users with easy to use, high quality video on the desktop.
* TANDBERG Movi is a video collaboration tool that turns any PC into a mobile, high-definition video conferencing system. All that is required is an Internet connection, camera, microphone and speakers. Paired with the TANDBERG PrecisionHD™ USB camera, Movi enables high definition 720p 30fps video. Movi is for organizations that want to expand face-to-face communication from anywhere.
* The Video Communication Server (VCS) is the only infrastructure product specifically designed for video that enables mass provisioning. Serving as the center of the video communications network, VCS is a scalable and resilient solution that connects the benefits of video conferencing and telepresence to other communications environments including unified communications and IP Telephony networks. VCS also enables users to control how and where they can be reached through FindMe™
Software upgrades for the TANDBERG TMS, VCS and E20 will be available before year end. For more information about the TANDBERG large-scale provisioning solution, please visit www.TANDBERG.com or contact info@TANDBERG.com. Stay up-to-date on the latest company news by connecting with TANDBERG on Facebook and Twitter.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.