JSC Bank of Georgia and American Express Launch Two New American Express® Cards in Georgia
New Cards offer consumers innovative and unique benefits
TBILISI, Bank of Georgia today announced that it will start issuing the American Express Card and the American Express Gold Card in Georgia. The Cards will provide innovative and unique benefits, which are designed to meet the needs of consumers both in Georgia and when traveling around the world, and will be available exclusively through Bank of Georgia’s local network.
The Cards are designed to satisfy the requirements of busy clients with demanding lifestyles through a range of innovative and unique benefits that are new to the Georgian market. This includes the American Express Membership Rewards program that enables the Cardmember to earn points that can be redeemed for a wide range of retail, travel and leisure rewards.
“I am delighted to announce the launch of the American Express Card in Georgia. Through cooperation with one of the most renowned brands in the world, Bank of Georgia brings an innovative product to the Georgian market, best matching the customer needs. The exclusive right for the issuance of the American Express Gold Card will increase Bank of Georgia’s competitive advantage in penetrating the mass affluent segment, a key component of our retail banking strategy in Georgia,” said Irakli Gilauri, Chief Executive Officer, Bank of Georgia.
“We are extremely proud to partner with Bank of Georgia to offer these innovative credit card products in the Georgian market,” said Alex Furber, Vice President, American Express. “The travel, lifestyle and financial needs of Georgian clients are becoming more and more demanding, and the American Express Credit Cards are designed to meet these needs, whether Bank of Georgia’s customers are shopping at home or traveling abroad.”
The American Express Gold and American Express Cards launched today provide a number of benefits and services that are new to the Georgian market as well as several core benefits associated with the American Express brand and products around the world.
* Membership Rewards. Cardmembers will earn points every time they use their Cards and will earn 3 times more points when making purchases with their Cards compared to not earning any points when they use cash. The points will never expire and Cardmembers can redeem their points for a wide range of exclusive travel packages, flights, luxury spa treatments, latest electronics, designer watches and cosmetics.
* American Express Gold Travel Service. American Express Gold Cardmembers will be able to arrange their travel in style and enjoy exclusive travel offers through our Gold Travel Service, our team of experienced Travel Consultants who are experts in planning every aspect of their trip and available 24x7.
* Travel with peace of mind. Travel Accident and Health insurance will protect Cardmembers against injury and medical expenses when traveling abroad and Travel Inconvenience insurance for Gold Cardmembers will cover essential expenses if a flight is delayed or cancelled, luggage is delayed or lost or a connecting flight is missed. The Cards provide all insurance requirements needed to apply for a Schengen county travel visa at no extra cost.
* Retail protection. Whether shopping on the high street or online, virtually all purchases made on the American Express Cards will be automatically covered against theft and damage. Cardmembers also enjoy Fraud Protection and will not be held liable for fraudulent charges if their Card is lost or stolen.
* Lifestyle benefits. Cardmembers will be automatically enrolled into the American Express Selects Program, a global network of selected merchants providing exclusive offers and discounts to American Express Cardmembers. Some of the best restaurants, boutiques, retail outlets and various service providers in Georgia are participating in the Selects Program as well as thousands of merchants worldwide.
* Financial flexibility. The American Express Cards provide a high credit limit and 55 days of interest free credit on purchases and cash withdrawals, allowing Cardmembers to pay off their balances in full or over time. The Card can be widely used within Georgia in exclusive restaurants, hotels and boutiques as well as in the everyday merchants on the high street. Furthermore, Cardmembers have access to cash from any Bank of Georgia ATM and at more than 800,000 ATMs around the world.
* World-Class Customer Service, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A team of local professionals will provide 24x7 customer service and can be reached from anywhere in the world. American Express Cardmembers are also able to service their account online and can enjoy the services of 2,200 American Express Travel Service offices around the world.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.