Interactive, Online Room Planner from Furniture.com Helps Create Your Dream Home
Waltham, MA, January 18, 2005. Put away the graph paper. Lose the little paper cutouts. Furniture.com’s online Room Planner (www.furniture.com/roomplanner) delivers the power of the Internet with a host of interactive tools to help homeowners design and visualize how furniture will look in their rooms.
“With Room Planner, you can create an unlimited number of plans, experiment with hundreds of home furnishings, accessories and layouts, and even save and share your plans with family and friends,” said Furniture.com president Carl Prindle. “As soon as you decide that you love what you see, you can turn your vision into a purchase with just a few clicks of the mouse”
For couples planning their new home, Furniture.com’s Room Planner offers a truly collaborative shopping experience. The Room Planner allows users to re-create rooms in their home online by combining their existing furniture and room features (such as windows and doors) with generic furniture pieces.
“Then, the fun begins. You can quickly browse Furniture.com’s vast selection, choose the perfect pieces of furniture for you, and then view your items,” Prindle said. “By simply clicking and dragging the pieces within the room, you can conceptualize how the room looks with the addition of new furniture.”
Defining Your Style
Furniture.com features a variety of other online services to even further expand the ability of homeowners to envision their decorating options, with:
· The Recommendation Center (www.furniture.com/recommendations) which helps homeowners find furniture that suits their taste and style,
· Furniture.com’s online Magazine (www.furniture.com/magazine), providing a host of inspiring articles, glossaries and decorating how-to tips,
· Pop-up Fact Tags for nearly every item of furniture that provide detailed and unbiased product construction, care and unique feature information, and
· Detailed Swatch images, available for nearly all upholstered items that enable customers to see fabric and finish samples “up close.”
Furniture.com (at www.furniture.com) offers consumers the best of Internet shopping by merging the convenience, accessibility and ease of online shopping with the proven infrastructure of the nation“s largest retail furniture chains. At Furniture.com, consumers quickly browse, compare and buy brand-name furniture and accessories, find decorating advice and product information, and utilize interactive design tools. To complete the experience, Seaman”s, Levitz and Harlem Furniture provide customer service and fast, in-home delivery.
Notes to Editors:
· Carl Prindle, president of Furniture.com, is available for interviews.
· High resolution photos of Room Planner are available on request.
- Contact Information
- Don Goncalves
- Press Contact
- Tiziani Whitmyre, Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.