IDT Reports Strong Sequential Revenue and Profit Growth
Fiscal Q2 Revenue Increased 20 Percent Q/Q to $139.5 Million; Gross Margin and EPS Above High End of Projections
SAN JOSE, Calif.— IDT® (Integrated Device Technology, Inc.; NASDAQ: IDTI), a leading provider of essential mixed signal semiconductor solutions that enrich the digital media experience, today announced results for the fiscal second quarter ended September 27, 2009.
“Revenue, gross margin and EPS for our fiscal second quarter 2010 were all above the high end of our prior projections provided on July 28, 2009,” said Dr. Ted Tewksbury, president and CEO of IDT. “We achieved a 20 percent sequential increase in revenue driven by strong demand across all three of our end markets – consumer, computing, and communications. Solid revenue contributions from core businesses, like PC clocks and gaming, were augmented by significant revenue increases in new growth areas like video and serial switching. Non-GAAP gross margin increased by 4 percent sequentially to over 50 percent, driven by higher revenue, improved product mix and increased fab utilization. These improvements, combined with accelerated synergies from our recent Tundra Semiconductor acquisition, enabled us to deliver non-GAAP EPS of $0.07. Overall, this quarter demonstrated that IDT’s strategy of expanding our core strengths while layering on new growth segments is producing positive results and considerable operating leverage.”
Recently, IDT announced:
· the IDT PanelPort™ LinkXtend™ solution – a DisplayPort™-based single chip device that extends cables for PCs and mobile computers to connect to monitors and projectors
· the newest members of the IDT PureTouchTM family of capacitive touch devices, targeting computing, white goods and portable devices
· a new family of Power Smart audio codecs that are designed to serve the audio needs of today’s business and consumer desktops
· its Serial RapidIO Gen2 program consisting of a comprehensive portfolio of IP, switches, evaluation platforms and tools
· its new family of embedded clocks that are ideal for embedded applications or any computing system that is hidden from view and runs a real-time operating system
· an agreement to transfer product fabrication processes and related activities currently running in the IDT Hillsboro, Oregon facility to TSMC foundries
The following highlights the Company’s financial performance on both a GAAP and non-GAAP basis. The GAAP results include certain costs, charges, gains and losses in accordance with GAAP which are excluded from non-GAAP results based on management’s determination that they are not directly reflective of on-going operations. Non-GAAP results are not in accordance with GAAP and may not be comparable to non-GAAP information provided by other companies. Non-GAAP information should be considered a supplement to, and not a substitute for, financial statements prepared in accordance with GAAP. A complete reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results is attached to this press release.
· Revenue for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 was $139.5 million, compared with $200.5 million reported in the same period one year ago.
· GAAP net income for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 was $60.5 million or $0.36 per diluted share, versus GAAP net income of $11.7 million or approximately $0.07 per diluted share in the same period one year ago. Fiscal second quarter 2010 GAAP results include an $82.7 million gain from the sale of the Company’s network search engine business, $14.4 million in restructuring related charges, $14.1 million in acquisition related charges of which $6.1 million is related to the amortization of acquisition related intangibles, $3.9 million of stock-based compensation and $2.0 million in tax adjustments.
· Non-GAAP net income for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 was $12.2 million or $0.07 per diluted share, compared with non-GAAP net income of $43.3 million or $0.25 per diluted share reported in the same period one year ago.
· GAAP gross profit for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 was $51.1 million, compared with GAAP gross profit of $87.2 million in the same period one year ago. Non-GAAP gross profit for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 was $70.2 million, compared with non-GAAP gross profit of $102.8 million reported in the same period one year ago.
· GAAP R&D expense for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 was $41.5 million, flat from the same period one year ago. Non-GAAP R&D expense for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 was $35.9 million, compared with Non-GAAP R&D of $36.3 million in the same period one year ago.
· GAAP SG&A expense for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 was $30.7 million, compared with GAAP SG&A expense of $32.2 million in the same period one year ago. Non-GAAP SG&A expense for the fiscal second quarter of 2010 was $21.9 million, compared with non-GAAP SG&A expense of $24.1 million in the same period one year ago.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.