Seagate Extends Its Family Of Storage Solutions For Small Business With BlackArmor NAS 110 Network Storage Server
SCOTTS VALLEY, Calif. - Adding to its suite of scalable storage solutions for small business, Seagate (NASDAQ: STX) today announced availability of the BlackArmor ® NAS 110 network storage server. This new offering is the first of the Seagate BlackArmor NAS family to include additional capabilitiesą designed to meet the specific needs of small/home offices and prosumers who crave the latest NAS technology. Available immediately through Seagate.com and leading retailers and e-tailers such as Best Buy, Staples, Amazon.com and Newegg, the BlackArmor NAS 110 server can be purchased for a manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $229.99 for 1TB and $349.99 for 2TB.
The BlackArmor NAS 110 network storage server includes the following features:
* Backup and protection for up to 10˛ network-connected PCs with incremental and full-system, automatic backup.
* Support for Windows Server 2008 allowing customer to use it as their primary business server.
* Ability to centralize, stream and share media files and documents from computers on a network, share them with other DLNA ® compliant devices and computers on the network running iTunes ® software.
* Remote access with intuitive, web-based management interface, allowing customers to designate user access manually or integrate with Microsoft ® Active Directory.
* Wiki server support so business can host an intranet share siteto improve visibility and collaboration.
* Quick start features, ability to easily view or map shared volumes to a computer, or back up the PC from which you are working from, using the BlackArmor Discovery tool software, which automatically displays all BlackArmor NAS products connected to the network.
* Instant files duplication from storage devices such as digital cameras and USB drives connected to the front USB port using the OneTouch backup button.
* Full system recovery of the operating system, programs and settings, in the event of a system crash or failure with SafetyDrill+™ software.
* Event notification to help prevent and manage drive errors or disruption.
* Two additional USB ports to connect extra USB storage devices, easily share a USB printer or connect an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) to safeguard from power failure.
The new BlackArmor NAS 110 server complements Seagate’s existing line of two-and-four bay NAS solutions, ranging from 1TB to 8TB, allowing businesses to buy what they need now, with the confidence that their storage capacity can scale as their business grows . As with all solutions in the Seagate BlackArmor ® suite, the new BlackArmor NAS 110 h elps protect important data with automatic full-system backup, SafetyDrill+™ bare metal recovery software and powerful hardware-based 256-bit encryption.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.