Delphi Launches New Truck Diagnostic Solution
Dedicated diagnostic solution for trucks, busses and trailers with brakes
PARIS, France — Extending its comprehensive range of diagnostic solutions for passenger car and light commercial vehicles (LCV), Delphi has developed a dedicated diagnostic solution for trucks, busses and trailers with brakes.
“Delphi has secured significant, long term OE contracts in the heavy and medium duty segments in recent years and we are using the knowledge and experience we have gained there in this aftermarket service solution,” said Lucia Moretti, vice president, Delphi Product & Service Solutions, EMEA.
“We also listened to our customers while developing this system and as a result developed this solution to work with our existing VCI and PC hardware,” continued Moretti. “This ensures that our existing customers have a low cost entry into this growing service area and that our very popular software look, feel and usability remain consistent.”
The Delphi Truck Diagnostic solution will provide to its Independent Aftermarket and Diesel specialists customers comprehensive coverage of the European Truck, Trailer and commercial vehicles market, including all applications with a large electronic control unit (ECU):
* Seven heavy duty vehicle manufacturers: DAF, Iveco Trucks, MAN, Mercedes Trucks, Renault Trucks, Scania, and Volvo Trucks.
* Trailers: Haldex, Knorr, and Wabco.
* Light commercial vehicles: Chevrolet, Citroën, Dacia, Fiat, Ford, Hyundai, Isuzu, Kia, Mazda, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Opel/Vauxhall, Peugeot, Renault, Seat, Skoda, Toyota, and Volkswagen.
The Delphi Truck Diagnostic solution enables the technician to perform dealer level diagnostics and has extensive functionality, covering all of the key systems that are featured on modern trucks. The Delphi Truck Diagnostic solution can access and interrogate the full range of sub-systems featured on modern trucks such as engine management, emissions, suspension, safety & security, transmission, braking systems, comfort & air conditioning and trailers.
The Delphi Truck Diagnostics solution can be provided as:
* a complete bundle for new customers who want to start performing truck diagnostics, including UMPC, Tablet PC or PDA, Vehicle Communication Interface (VCI), Truck Diagnostic cable and the diagnostics software,
* a standalone package utilizing the garage mechanic’s own PC
* a simple license upgrade to existing Delphi Diagnostic mini-VCI owners.
The Delphi Truck Diagnostic software also includes Delphi’s full LCV coverage and capability which already is part of the Delphi’s existing diagnostic platforms. This will benefit those customers who service and repair light duty and medium to heavy duty applications.
The next software update will include a huge update for DAF, Iveco, Renault, Scania and Volvo applications and sub-systems as well as expanding the Heavy Duty applications to busses: Volvo Bus and Evobus (MB/Setra).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.