Kensington® Announces 12 "Industrial Strength" Pro Fit™ Solutions to Protect IT Investments and Increase User Productivity
New User Survey Shows 46% of Respondents Consider Workplaces More Productive Than Five Years Ago, Citing Notebook Computers, Universal Docking Stations, Dual Computer Screens and Adjustable Keyboard Trays as Efficiency Enhancers
Redwood Shores, Calif. - Kensington Computer Products Group, a worldwide leader in delivering smart made simple™ computing accessories, today introduced twelve new products to enhance enterprise level business standards of superior workplace connectivity, productivity and efficiency. Kensington smartly designed its newest peripherals to meet the IT buyer demand for technology investments that offer “industrial strength” quality without compromise. A recent TNS* national survey commissioned by Kensington shows a high correlation between Kensington’s new Pro Fit Collection and the accessories that users find most helpful in increasing their workplace efficiency.
The Kensington Pro Fit Collection of product brings simplicity, comfort, durability, and performance-improving technology to the enterprise workforce for maximum productivity. The new Collection includes one wireless mouse, two wired mice, a washable keyboard, and a wireless desktop set. Joining Kensington’s award-winning “connect it” products are two universal docking stations and a multi-display adapter offering “future proof” change management solutions to save IT buyers from costly upgrades. Other new accessories include a multi-function wireless presenter, a new ambidextrous trackball and two ergonomic keyboard trays that snap together easily in minutes.
The recent TNS survey reported that 46% of respondents find today’s workplace to be somewhat or much more productive than five years ago. People believed the following tools add to workplace efficiency:
* 37% - A universal docking station for notebooks to instantly connect to a mouse, keyboard and other accessories
* 22% - Keyboard trays that easily adjust to their ergonomic fit
Other accessories cited as improving efficiency were dual computer screens (17%), flexible monitor arms (15%) and computer headphones (11%).
As the traditional office layout evolves in this competitive economy, so does the formula for achieving business productivity and success. Cost-effective technology with the ability to protect IT investments long term, through superior performance and durability, has become essential to excel in the new workplace. Kensington shows its leadership in helping make workplaces more efficient even within businesses facing reduced or changing work spaces by providing intuitive devices that efficiently support the multiple professionals working in this new environment.
Introducing the Kensington Pro Fit Collection
Five new Mac and PC compatible devices bring comfort and reliability to any office environment with no software, driver, or battery installation required. Plug and play simple, these mice and desktop set are also designed to withstand drops and spills. A washable keyboard also allows communal work environments to benefit from giving employees the ability to sanitize their keyboards with the same ease and frequency of routine hand-washing.
The Kensington Pro Fit™ USB/PS2 Wired Full-Size Mouse (SKU K72343US; SRP $19.99)
is a full-sized right-handed design that feels great in the hand while the wired plug-and-play connectivity delivers high reliability and zero setup.
* Optical cursor tracking for precision
* USB/PS2 connection delivers instant plug and play use
Now you can have all the reliability of a wired mouse with none of the cable clutter. The Kensington Pro Fit™ Retractable Mobile Mouse (SKU K72339US; SRP $19.99)
instantly retracts its cord for travel and delivers complete comfort when you reach your destination.
The Kensington Pro Fit™ 2.4 GHz Wireless Full-Size Mouse (SKU K72342; SRP $29.99)
provides a full-sized right-handed design along with 2.4GHz wireless technology ideal for crowded office environments.
* Office-friendly 2.4GHz wireless technology for less interference
* Optical cursor tracking for precision
You wash your hands to protect yourself from germs. What about your keyboard? The Kensington Pro Fit™ USB/PS2 Washable Keyboard (SKU K64407; SRP $39.99) can be run under your tap and washed to remove germs and contamination. Plus the built-in anitmicrobial material provides continuous microbe resistance for use in many different environments, such as hospitals, government offices, schools and more.
* Antimicrobial material prevents the growth of mold, mildew, and fungi
* Rugged water-proof and washable* design resists spills and makes cleaning easy
* Black keyboard with 104-key layout features soft-touch keys offering a crisp, responsive touch for added comfort; plug and play via USB or PS2
* Compatible with Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista
*Never immerse the USB plug
The Kensington Pro Fit™ 2.4 GHz Wireless Desktop Set (SKU K72338; SRP $49.99) is the desktop set designed to provide lasting comfort and performance. The full-sized keyboard and mouse are perfect for long workdays while the 2.4GHz wireless connection provides high reliability in crowded office settings.
* Office-friendly 2.4GHz wireless technology for less interference
* Shortcut keys for media and browser
Universal Docking Stations & Multi-Display Adapter Bring Ultimate Connectivity
There’s no more plugging and unplugging your peripherals; they remain connected through these two docking stations. Turn your notebook into a desktop in one simple step with the Kensington Universal Notebook Docking Station with VGA/DVI and Ethernet (SKU K33926; SRP $149.99). Simply plug a single USB cable into your notebook and you’re instantly connected to a high-resolution monitor, printer, speakers - everything you need.
* Auto-Install design makes the initial installation a true “plug-n-play” experience. No CD software required*. Perfect for office space shared with multiple users.
* All the port connectivity you need including 10/100 Ethernet to maintain internet connection and avoid wireless hang-ups
* Hot pluggable, so you can connect to the dock and swap devices without shutting down
* Auto install supported by all PC running Windows® XP and Windows Vista®
For a PC and Mac compatibility go with the Kensington Universal Notebook Docking Station with VGA/DVI (SKU K33930; SRP $129.99).
* HD screen capable so you can connect to a very large external monitor and drastically increase your visual workspace. Front Dualview button makes dual screen setup easy
* Plug-n-play and hot pluggable, so you can connect to the dock and swap devices without shutting down
* Compatibility: PC and Mac including Windows® XP (sp2, sp3, including Tablet PC editions), Windows Vista® sp1 (32-bit and 64-bit editions) or later. Mac OS X® 10.4.11 and Mac OS X 10.5.5 or later. Intel-based Apple® computers including Mac® Mini (Intel), iMac® (Intel), MacBook®, MacBook® Pro,MacBook Air®, and Mac Pro
Adding a second screen is now as easy as adding the Kensington Universal Multi-Display Adapter (SKU K33928; SRP $79.99). Multiple monitors allow anyone to work more effectively and manage their workspace. Tasks such as cutting and pasting between different documents and applications become as easy as dragging and dropping. In fact, research has shown that those adding multiple screens increased productivity by 42%. And the Universal Multi-Display Adapter does it all in high resolution. Easy and cost-effective, the adapter adds monitors to a workstation and saves IT departments from having to add any cards to a configuration.
* Connect up to six adapters to your computer directly or through a USB hub to add up to six additional monitors
* Supports: DVI, or VGA video output with resolution up to 2048 X 1152 pixels, widescreen displays up to 2048 X 1152 pixels, and standard displays up to 1600 X 1200.
* Compatibility: PC Compatible with Windows® XP (32-bit only, SP2 or later) and Windows Vista (32-bit & 64-bit). Mac compatible with Mac OS X® 10.4.11 and Mac OS X 10.5.5 or later. Intel-based Apple® computers including Mac® Mini (Intel), iMac® (Intel), MacBook®, MacBook® Pro, MacBook Air®, and Mac Pro
*Portable Presenter with Memory Maximizes Mobile Efficiency
Here’s everything you need to give a great presentation-right down to the presentation itself. With 1 GB of built-in memory, the Kensington Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer and Memory (SKU K72336; SRP $74.99) can store hundreds of presentations. And it feels great in the palm of your hand.
* Easy-to-use 4-button controls
* Built-in laser pointer helps you highlight key points
* 2.4GHz wireless receiver for long-range use up to 30ft
* 1GB built-in memory to store your presentations
* Plug and play operation
* USB wireless receiver stores inside
* Includes 2 AAA batteries and low-battery indicator
*With the introduction of the new presenter with memory, Kensington will also reduce the price of its current Kensington Wireless Presenter with Laser Pointer (SKU K33374) to an SRP of $49.99. By launching its new catalogue of hardware with pricing to match the mobile professional preference, Kensington will build on the momentum of demand for its offering and further accelerate the expansion of its celebrated “control it” line of products.
Trackball and Trays Make Ergo Office Easy
All-day comfort and scrolling come together in the Kensington Orbit™ Trackball with Scroll Ring (SKU K72337; SRP $39.99). The scroll ring allows fast, easy navigation through web pages and documents, while also delivering comfort and space savings no mouse can match.
* Optical technology for precise tracking - no cleaning required
* Ambidextrous design for left or right handed users
* Click-free scrolling
* Includes a wrist rest for added comfort
* USB connectivity
* PC and Mac® compatible
Two trays reduce arm, wrist and shoulder strain and improve ergonomic comfort in less than five minutes with no tools and only five pieces to assemble. The Kensington SnapLock™ Keyboard Tray (SKU K62834; SRP TBD) has four adjustable heights and tilts from flat to negative 15 degrees to support your keyboard at the proper height. No screws or drilling needed, it installs under any desk to adjust 6" in height and rotates 360 degrees. For additional comfort, the Kensington SnapLock™ Keyboard Tray with SmartFit® System (SKU K62835; SRP TBD) features a SmartFit System that helps you dial in the perfect keyboard height for you.
* No screws, no drilling
* SmartFit System helps you correctly adjust keyboard for proper ergonomics
* Adjusts 6" in height, +/- 15 degrees in tilt and rotates 360 degrees
* Installs under any desk--even metal
The Kensington products are available for pre-order at Amazon.com, Kensington.com and at select distributors including D&H, Synnex, Tech Data and Ingram Micro. For additional information on the existing line of Kensington products, please visit www.kensington.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.