Nayatek Adds Deduplication to Datosphere for File Systems
PHILADELPHIA, PA. – September 16, 2009 – Nayatek, the developer of the next generation integrated content archiving platform, Datosphere, today announced that it has added block level deduplication support to its Datosphere for File System Archiving (FSA) solution. With Datosphere for File Systems there is no need for expensive third party deduplication appliances as Datosphere provide integrated deduplication functionality at the time of archiving. Organizations benefit from substantial storage cost savings, increased optimization and a reduction in the volume of data that needs to be transferred across the network for archiving.
Facing explosive and unprecedented growth in the volume of ESI, organizations are struggling to keep pace. Redundant data, ineffective central management, poor search capabilities, a shrinking backup window and the requirements to retain more ESI for longer periods of time for business or regulatory reasons are causing production storage costs and the demands on IT staff to soar out of control. Without an effective solution to address the volume of ESI, organizations face an almost impossible task to manage its growth, rein in storage and IT costs, implement retention requirements, provide the means to respond rapidly to E-Discovery requests and ensure comprehensive user self-service access, search and recovery
Datosphere for File Systems is a powerful archiving option for the Datosphere platform to capture, archive, store, retain, retrieve and recover business critical files from MS Windows file shares in a single unified content archive alongside emails and instant messages. Its deduplication functionality ensures the same file archived from multiple file shares will only be stored one time in Datosphere and provides significant benefits such as:
- Storage of files can be reduced by up to 90 percent or more
- Sends less data to archive in the first place saving time, bandwidth and storage
- Reduces the budget for data management, archive and retrieval
- Increase available capacity and data integrity at a lower cost
- Makes existing data stores and archiving more efficient and less costly
- Reducing the storage footprint has a direct impact on power and cooling costs
“Deduplication is more than just hype as it provides real, quantifiable and immediate benefits for all organizations and is the new baseline for any archiving solution,” said Scott Lehmann, Senior Vice President of Product Management at Nayatek. “Redundant data is clearly the enemy; it is costly, inefficient and wastes energy. With Datosphere for File Systems dedupe capability, organizations can get back in control of their explosive file growth and bring some sanity back to the information management process and can provide an organization with significant ROI in no time,” added Lehmann.
Datosphere for File System Archiving provides organizations with a comprehensive solution to automatically consolidate manage and control the growth in file storage. Key highlights include:
- A single unified content archiving platform ensuring the capture, indexing, storage, security, retention and discovery of disparate ESI.
- Flexible archiving policies automatically offload files from primary storage to lower cost secondary archive storage
- Block level “dedupe” across multiple file shares significantly reduces the storage burden, optimizes performance and reduces the backup window
- Easy to implement retention and disposition policies across all of the archived content (files, emails, attachments, and instant messages)
- Robust E-Discovery functionality provides comprehensive federated search technology, scheduled searches, legal hold and robust folder and case management
- Fast, comprehensive and seamless self-service user search, access and recovery
- Downloadable enterprise solution can be deployed as a software appliance on standard Intel/AMD servers or within a virtual machine.
About Nayatek Datosphere
Datosphere is a next generation content archiving platform. Its comprehensive content archiving, EDiscovery, storage management, business continuity and compliance functionality ensures that organizations can effectively capture, index, store, secure, manage, retain and discover disparate ESI. It provides a platform to build on that can help future proof against changes in legal requirements, new ESI data formats, retention requirements and the ever encroaching impact of regulatory compliance. Datosphere’s open storage layer provides support for local, direct attach, ISCSI, CIFS/NFS and CAS (EMC Centera). Datosphere is available for download at www.nayatek.com.
NAYATEK is a developer of Integrated Content Archiving solutions providing comprehensive Content Archiving, EDiscovery, Storage Management, Business Continuity and Compliance functionality designed to specifically assist organizations to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of their electronically stored information (ESI) and to maintain objectively verifiable, robust procedures to comply with industry regulations.
- Contact Information
- Marta Teran
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.