FSA-CBR Roundtable meeting on Money Transfers
IAMTN is pleased to announce that a Roundtable meeting on international money transfer regulation will be held at Beaufort House, 15 St. Botolph Street, London EC3A 7NJ at 10am on the 2nd September 2009.
This important meeting is being hosted by international law firm, Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP and will be co-chaired by Ian Mason, a partner in Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP and ex-head of Wholsale Enforcement at the Financial Services Authority (FSA).
The Roundtable will be attended by senior officials of both the FSA and the Central Bank of the Russian Federation (CBR), as well as leading money transfer market players, such as Western Union, Moneygram, VISA, Unistream, Citibank, Timesofmoney, Mi Pay and many others.
The Roundtable will discuss the modern regulatory environment in the money transfer market both in the United Kingdom and Russian Federation.
The agenda of the Roundtable is as follows:
• Market overview of UK and Russian money transmission markets - to include types of business, number of companies sending money transfers, volumes sent and key destinations
• Regulatory approach in the UK - transition from HMRC to the FSA
• CBR experiences in money transfer regulation
• Payment Services Directive - what the future holds for Russian operators expanding into Europe?
• CBR-FSA regulatory approach - similarities and differences - open discussion
• Fast track for UK operators in Russia and Russian operators in UK. Leveraging existing regulatory processes
For further information please contact:
IAMTN : Kellie Waidson tel: +44 203 291 2634 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barlow Lyde & Gilbert LLP: Louise Nelson tel: +44 207 643 7664 email: email@example.com
- Contact Information
- Kellie Waidson
- Office Administrator
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.