What Can You Do About Climate Change?
Climate change is an enormous global challenge. However, even little changes can mean a lot. Everyone can help make a difference and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Below are some simple things you can do at work and home to reduce your carbon footprint.
* Compute your savings. Changing your computerís power saving settings can decrease the amount of electricity it uses. When not in use, turn your computer off.
* Maintain your car. Regular maintenance can extend your carís life and improve fuel efficiency. A clogged air filter can increase gas consumption by 10%.
* Slow down. Did you know that driving at 75 mph (120 kph) uses 13% more gas than going 65 mph (105 kph)? Aggressive driving requires more braking and keeps the car in a lower, less efficient gear.
* Take public transit. A country-wide 10% increase in public transit ridership could save millions of gallons/liters of fuel per year and create fewer greenhouse gases.
* Give your water heater a blanket. If your hot water heater feels warm, then additional insulation can help save energy. Wrapping a blanket around your water heater reduces energy use by up to 9%.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.