Orange and RIM Announce the BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone in Spain
The First BlackBerry Smartphone with a Touch-Sensitive Trackpad
The slim new BlackBerry Curve 8520 is an incredibly approachable smartphone. For people who like to be connected, it provides easy mobile access to email, messaging (IM, SMS, MMS) and popular social networking sites (including Facebook® and MySpace) and features a highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard for comfortable, accurate typing. It also features rich multimedia capabilities and access to music, games and other mobile apps for entertainment on the go. The BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone will be available from Orange Spain in frost.
The BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone introduces an innovative touch-sensitive trackpad, which makes scrolling and selection smooth and easy for a great navigation experience. It is also the first BlackBerry smartphone to feature dedicated media keys, integrated along the top of the smartphone, giving customers an easy, convenient way to control their music and videos.
The BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone also includes the following features:
* Built-in Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g)
* ·Quad-band world phone: EGDE/GPRS/GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
* Premium phone features including voice activated dialing, and Bluetooth (2.0), with support for hands-free headsets, car kits, stereo headsets and other Bluetooth peripherals
* 2 MP digital camera with zoom and video recording
* 256MB Flash memory and a 512Mhz next generation processor for enhanced performance
* Advanced media player for music, pictures and videos, with dedicated media keys and a 3.5 mm stereo headset jack, plus BlackBerry® Media Sync, which makes it easy to quickly sync music from iTunes® or Windows Media® Player with the smartphone*
* Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD/SDHC memory card slot, supporting up to 16 GB cards today and expected to support next generation 32GB cards when available; a 1GB card is included
* BlackBerry® Internet Service support for access to up to 10 supported email accounts, including most popular ISP email accounts such as Yahoo!®, Windows Live™ Hotmail®, AOL® and Gmail™; and BlackBerry® Enterprise Server support, which provides advanced security and IT administration features for corporate deployments
Prior to retail availability, customers can learn more about the BlackBerry Curve 8520 smartphone at www.blackberry.com/curve8520
Orange Spain offers a very competitive portfolio of flat rate tariffs for the BlackBerry solution. For customers who just want email on the go, Orange offers a flat rate at only 8 €/month for unlimited access, including email attachments.
For customers who want email, access to the Internet and additional wireless applications, Orange offers a flat rate for BlackBerry Internet Service at only 12 €/month.
* Certain music files may not be supported, including files that contain digital rights management technologies.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.