Chase Introduces First-Ever Proprietary Rewards Credit Card for Affluent Consumers
Chase SapphireSM Combines Rewards, Benefits, and Premium Service to meet the Modern-Day Needs of Affluent Customers
-- Chase will Launch National Advertising and Marketing Campaign on August 20th--
WILMINGTON, Del. – Chase Card Services, a division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. [NYSE: JPM], announced the launch of Chase SapphireSM, the next generation rewards card designed for the affluent market. Chase Sapphire has been built from the ground up to address the needs of the top 15 percent of U.S. households by income who expect premium rewards, outstanding value, and exceptional service. Chase Sapphire consists of two product offerings - Chase Sapphire and Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Both Chase Sapphire and Chase Sapphire Preferred include premium travel services, a wide variety of rewards delivered through Chase’s Ultimate RewardsSM program, and direct access to a specially trained, dedicated customer service team, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with all benefits and services backed by the stability and protection of Chase.
“While other credit card companies are scaling back on rewards or lowering the value of their points, Chase is improving the rewards experience by increasing the value of our points for our cardmembers,” said Eileen Serra, president, Affluent/High Net Worth business, Chase Card Services. “We designed Chase Sapphire to meet the needs of affluent consumers who seek rewards programs offering value, flexibility and meaning. Chase Sapphire addresses these needs by allowing cardmembers to use their points anytime, anywhere, for just about anything, without any restrictions.”
When a Chase Sapphire cardmember contacts Chase, a specially trained advisor picks up the phone - with no need to navigate a voice-response system. The primary customer call center is in Columbus, Ohio, with other centers in San Antonio, Texas, Springfield, Mo., and Orlando, Fla., providing service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, with the goal of resolving the customer’s need on the first call. In addition, Chase Sapphire provides access to online account information, online bill payment, email and mobile alerts, and the Ultimate Rewards program through www.chase.com.
Chase Sapphire Benefits:
“Chase Sapphire has been built from the ground up to provide affluent customers with the rewards, service, and acceptance they expect from a card,” said Sean O’Reilly, general manager, Chase Card Services. “This product delivers world-class customer service, an outstanding points redemption experience, and provides a package of benefits to protect their purchases and transactions.”
Premier Travel Benefits
* Unrestricted benefits, including no annual spending caps, points that never expire and no travel restrictions or blackout dates on travel reward redemptions.
* Premier travel benefits such as trip cancellation insurance, lost luggage protection, rental car insurance, emergency service assistance, and an interactive online travel concierge.
Premium Cardmember Service
* Direct access to specially trained advisors - dedicated cardmember service 24 hours a day, seven days a week - guaranteed.
Ultimate Rewards Program
* Meaningful and easily accessible rewards, to include travel, special experiences, merchandise and cash back. Customers can earn points and redeem for what they actually want.
* Cash-back option starting at 5,000 points=$50.
* “Pay Yourself Back” feature allows card members to purchase items on their own and simply use their points to pay for the purchase, starting at 2,500=$25.
* Free access to dining recommendations through Zagat® and booking with Open Table®.
* Merchant-funded rewards from 300+ retailers available through the Ultimate Rewards Bonus Mall.
All Backed by the Power of Chase
* ID theft insurance and access to the Chase Security Center - our ID Theft center of excellence, giving card members tools to help avoid the threat of identity theft. Upgraded purchase protection. Extended warranty protection.
Simple Earning Structure
* One point for every one dollar spent; two points for every one dollar spent on airline travel when booked through the Ultimate Rewards travel tool.
No Preset Spending Limit
* No over limit fees and worldwide acceptance provides ease of mind with every purchase.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits
Chase Sapphire Preferred provides enhanced benefits for a $95 annual fee, waived for the first year. Chase Sapphire Preferred offers: one-to-one point transfer to leading airline and hotel programs, points worth 25 percent more when redeeming for travel online, a spend bonus of 10,000 points for customers spending $50,000 annually, and enhanced identity protection.
Chase Sapphire’s Integrated Marketing Campaign
Chase Sapphire is being promoted through an integrated marketing campaign across multiple channels including: television, print, newspaper, online, events, public relations, and direct marketing. The campaign will debut on Aug. 20th with television ads on the major network morning shows. Created by New York-based advertising agency mcgarrybowen, “Dress” is an ad featuring a couple with individual preferences on how to use the points earned on their combined Chase Sapphire card, set to Frank Sinatra’s “The Way You Look Tonight.” The TV ads will air on major network and cable stations, including NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, The Travel Channel, ESPN, CNBC, CNN and TBS. Print ads will be featured in major magazines targeting the affluent market, including Condé Nast Traveler, Vanity Fair, Golf, bon appétit, and BusinessWeek. Chase Sapphire also has a dedicated microsite at www.chase.com/sapphire.
Chase is partnering with the Travel Channel on a multifaceted campaign to promote Chase Sapphire through numerous product integrations in Travel Channel’s signature shows and inclusion in Travel Channel’s new brand campaign - “Catch it.”
About JPMorgan Chase & Co.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.0 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries, and the company has issued approximately 152 million credit cards in the United States and Canada. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, SMall business and commercial banking,financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers and businesses in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan, Chase, and WaMu brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.