UPS Provides e-Commerce Solutions to China’s DHgate.com
UPS is the first shipping carrier to embed its technology in DHgate.com.
The UPS OnLine® Tools suite gives DHgate.com customers direct control of shipping options to manage their businesses. It allows users to calculate costs, request a shipment pick-up, track shipments and review transit times for international shipments at all points of the transaction.
“DHgate.com is the only online wholesale e-commerce platform in China to integrate with the comprehensive suite of UPS OnLine Tools. This integration offers unique benefits for our customers in terms of cost savings, reliability and convenience,” said Diane Wang, founder and CEO of DHgate.com. “With the support of UPS technology and service, we are reinforcing our commitment to our customers by streamlining and greatly improving the shipping capabilities available to both buyers and sellers.”
UPS technology on DHgate.com creates savings for users by eliminating the time it takes to make calls, process calculations and file documents. In addition, UPS Online Tools can help reduce the seller’s customer service costs by reducing or eliminating the need for customers to call and inquire about the status of their orders since shipments can be tracked online.
“DHgate.com’s founding belief is that the future of e-commerce lies with small and micro businesses around the world. By opening up global sourcing channels, DHgate aims to provide new growth opportunities to suppliers in China as well as to small businesses across the world,” said Wang.
As the pioneer in transactional online wholesale trade with China, DHgate.com now connects more than 300,000 China-based suppliers with 1.4 million global buyers and facilitates thousands of online transactions a day. The integration of UPS technology is part of DHgate’s ongoing effort to ensure simple, safe and cost-effective global trade with China.
“We see a big upside on e-commerce platforms in China, which will only grow in importance in the global economy. Our business relationship with DHgate.com reflects our confidence in this strategy,” said Richard Loi, head of UPS China and senior vice president for the UPS Asia Pacific Region. “UPS is well-positioned to help e-commerce in China grow and succeed with a wide array of time-definite express products and supply chain solutions. We have unparalleled global reach.”
According to the Internet Retailer magazine (2008), UPS is the selected delivery partner for 22 of the top 25 online retailers. UPS recently integrated its shipping technology with eBay Hong Kong. That integration, coupled with the DHgate.com announcement, signals UPS’s active involvement in the booming e-commerce industry in China.
Phase I of the UPS online system now is available via the DHgate platform and Phase II will be rolled out this year. Once the system is fully integrated, UPS OnLine Tools will offer unparalleled convenience and integration for DHgate’s online customers, enabling users to get real-time estimated rates according to the order size as well as track the status of their shipments.
Highlights of the UPS OnLine Tools include:
(Phase I integration)
* Shipping - Process shipments and print labels. At the click of a button, destination information is automatically retrieved and stored with every transaction, greatly improving purchase productivity and post-sales customer satisfaction.
* Tracking - Allows package tracking by both merchants and purchasers with automatic status updates of shipment deliveries.
(Phase II integration)
* Rates and Service Selection - Ensures real-time access to UPS shipping rates.
* Time in Transit - Compares the speed of different UPS shipping services.
* UPS U.S. Address Validation - Ensures that customer-entered shipping addresses for the United States are correct at the time of order.
* UPS online pickup - Arranges shipment pick-up time/venue online, without the need to call for pick-up through the UPS hotline.
* Signature Tracking - In addition to tracking a package, customers also can obtain valuable Proof of Delivery information including a digitized signature and delivery address.
* Paperless Invoice - Submits commercial invoices electronically, expediting custom clearance while reducing the potential for international delays as well as saving ink and paper.
* Returns - Simplifies the returns process for purchasers providing UPS returns labels or requesting pickups.
* UPS TradeAbility™ Web Services - Offers access to up-to-date regulations and licensing information, watch lists and forms, while providing the means to track customers’ international shipping in real-time.
* UPS OnLine Tools
DHgate.com is a leading online marketplace for the world’s small and medium size businesses and the largest China-based wholesale trading platform in the world. Founded in 2004 by former Joyo.com CEO, Diane Wang, DHgate.com serves over 1.4 million registered buyers from 230 international locations and in excess of 300,000 China-based sellers. Offering over 20 million product listings at any one time, DHgate.com facilitates thousands of successful transactions per day. DHgate.com now employs over 400 full-time employees and generates annual transaction volumes well in excess of USD$200 million. DHgate.com recently received the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 China 2008 award.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.