Lotsoff Capital Management Chooses Thomson PORTIA Perform
New, Enhanced Version Allows for Easy Integration, Flexible Reporting Capability and Extended Composite Functionality.
New York, NY, 02/27/2006, Thomson Financial, an operating unit of The Thomson Corporation (TSX: TOC, NYSE: TOC) and leading provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community, today announced that PORTIA Perform, its global performance measurement and risk reporting tool, has been selected by Lotsoff Capital Management, a Chicago-based firm managing $5.5 billion in assets across equity, fixed income, and alternative portfolios for a primarily institutional client base.
“We were in need of a performance measurement and composite solution that could be delivered in a format that worked seamlessly with our portfolio accounting system environment. PORTIA Perform was the best choice for Lotsoff Capital Management because of its real-time integration with PORTIA,” said Gina Ehrlich, Managing Director, Information Systems. “Perform offers us the ability to run large quantities of performance data faster, create rule-based composites and warehouse historical returns and benchmarks. The system is intuitive and offers our financial analysts efficiencies that did not exist before.”
Lotsoff will be using the recently enhanced version of PORTIA Perform. The new features broaden the scope of PORTIA Perform by adding significant functional and technical capabilities. The new version includes:
* Security Segment Tracking: this feature provides the ability to historically track assets moving between segments. As a security’s attribute(s) change over time, PORTIA Perform will maintain a history of these changes and accurately reflect the asset’s segment within each time period.
* Holdings and Transaction Reports: users now have the ability to run holdings and transaction reports within PORTIA Perform allowing reports to be generated in standard html, csv or XML formats and providing users with an alternative to running reports from their portfolio management or accounting system.
* Automated Handling of Back-dated Transactions: new rules have been added that allow users to specify how PORTIA Perform will process backdated transactions, ranging from reflecting the transaction in the current period to automatically re-processing the transaction in the back-dated period.
* Unlimited Benchmarks available in reports: now users can choose to measure their portfolio or composite returns against an unlimited number of benchmarks. The benchmark returns can be compared to the total portfolio or composite returns, segment level or security level returns.
“This new, enhanced version of PORTIA Perform advances the product’s core capabilities while adding brand new functionality and customization options,” said Christen Bremner, senior vice president, Thomson Financial. “We are excited that PORTIA Perform was such a good match for Lotsoff’s performance measurement and composite needs and we are looking forward to getting them live into production.”
PORTIA Perform provides unparalleled flexibility, which allows the customer to more efficiently measure the performance of assets and investment decisions, and in turn present that information to management and clients. Clients take advantage of the following benefits offered by PORTIA Perform:
* Accurate calculation of daily rates of return using a choice of methodologies
* Multi-currency performance analysis from total portfolio down to the individual security
* Unlimited segmentation capabilities
* Support for the CFA Institute’s AIMR-PPS and GIPS compliance
* All of the most popular risk measures, including Information Ratio and Downside Risk Comprehensive and flexible reporting for the communication of performance results internally and externally
* Extensive controls for composite set up and maintenance
* Open architecture for integration with data providers and back end systems
* Out of the box integration with PORTIA
About Thomson Financial
Thomson Financial, with 2005 revenues of US$1.9 billion, is a provider of information and technology solutions to the worldwide financial community. Through the widest range of products and services in the industry, Thomson Financial helps clients in more than 70 countries make better decisions, be more productive and achieve superior results. Thomson Financial is part of The Thomson Corporation (www.thomson.com), a global leader in providing integrated information solutions to more than 20 million business and professional customers in the fields of law, tax, accounting, financial services, higher education, reference information, corporate e-learning and assessment, scientific research and healthcare. With revenues of US$8.70 billion, The Thomson Corporation lists its common shares on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges (NYSE: TOC; TSX: TOC).
- Contact Information
- Kerri Shepherd
- Manager, Public Relations
- Thomson Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.