Release Format Guidelines
News and Press Releases are more effective when they are properly written. Therefore, all submissions to WebWire:
- Must be truthful and not misrepresent the truth.
- Must be written in the "third person" and configured like a news story.
- Must contain accurate contact information (active telephone number and email account).
- Cannot include "advertising" or "hard sell" language such as "Opportunity of a lifetime …" or "Call this number to learn more …". And cannot speak to the reader by including phrases such as "By doing this you will get that …" or "Are you in need of …".
- Cannot convey negative language toward a company, product, person, service, event, socio-economic or ethnic group, among others.
- Must be written in proper English including complete sentences and paragraphs with emphasis on good grammar, punctuation, spelling, capitalization and sentence structure.
- Cannot be a unilateral statement of opinion or fact. It must be news with some semblance of balance.
- Cannot include statements conveying fact unless the determinant (the person or organization who reached the fact) is credited. Statements of fact should read; "According to the XYZ foundation, eating paper is not a good nutritional option …".
- Cannot contain an excessive number of links or refer to websites that encourage illegal activities, dubious commercial endeavors, or that look like an advertisement.
- Must be in accordance with our Content Policy.
MAKE IT A NEWS STORY, AND ONLINE PUBLICITY WILL WORK FOR YOU!