Deliver Your News to the World

9021-OMG!! New Drama Sets New Ratings Records for The CW


WEBWIRE

The two-hour premiere of 90210 roared out of the gate to set new ratings records for The CW, becoming the highest rated telecast of any scripted show EVER for The CW among adults 18-34 (3.0/9), women 18-34 (4.3/12), adults 18-49 (2.6/7) and women 18-49 (3.6/9), according to preliminary live plus same day Nielsen ratings for Tuesday, Sept. 2, 2008. Encore of 90210 debut airs tomorrow, Sept. 4 (8:00-10:00p.m. ET)

On the strength of the two-hour 90210, The CW was the #1 network on Tuesday night in all key demographics, including adults 18-34 (3.0/9), women 18-34 (4.3/12), men 18-34 (1.8/6), adults 18-49 (2.6/7), women 18-49 (3.6/9), persons 12-34 (2.7/8), females 12-34 (3.7/11), teens (1.7/6), female teens (2.1/7).

The 90210 debut marks the highest rated series premiere in The CWs history with women 18-34 (4.3/12), adults 18-34 (3.0/9), adults 18-49 (2.6/7).

Comparatively, 90210 out-performed the series premieres of such other series as The OC, Dawsons Creek, Gilmore Girls and Buffy The Vampire Slayer in women 18-34.

The two-hour 90210 matched The CW its highest rated night in adults 18-49 and earned the network its fourth highest rated night in adults 18-34. 90210 also gave The CW its fifth highest rated night in women 18-34 (4.3/12).

90210 gained momentum through the night, building in the second hour in all key demos, including adults 18-34 (3%), women 18-34 (5%), adults 18-49 (4%), total viewers (9%)

The series premiere of 90210 gave virtually all of The CWs major market stations a win on Tuesday night in key demos. Among women 18-34, The CW was number one network in New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Washington DC, Houston, Detroit, Phoenix, Seattle and Cleveland. Among adults 18-34, The CW was first in New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Washington DC, Houston, Detroit, Phoenix, Seattle and Cleveland.

In adults 18-49, The CW won Tuesday night in markets such as New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Washington DC, Detroit and Seattle.



WebWireID74033





This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.

News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.