Deliver Your News to the World

AT&T Government Solutions Wins Alliant Contract from General Services Administration


AT&T Government Solutions, a business unit of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T), will provide next-generation, integrated information technology (IT) solutions and services to help defense and civilian federal agencies maximize their full IT potential under Alliant, a multibillion dollar contract that has been awarded by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA).

Alliant, which was awarded to 29 companies, is an Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (IDIQ) acquisition vehicle with a potential value of $50 billion with a five-year base and one five-year option.

AT&T is the only company that has been awarded Alliant, Networx Universal, Networx Enterprise and SATCOM-II contracts. AT&T can fully support the telecom and integrated IT solutions requirements of defense and civilian agencies across all four GSA flagship full and open contract vehicles.

“The award of Alliant is a reflection of AT&T’s proven track record of meeting and exceeding the integrated IT and network requirements of our federal agency customers,” said Don Herring, senior vice president, AT&T Government Solutions. “AT&T has the technology vision and industry leadership and is strategically positioned to help agencies maximize their full IT potential by capitalizing on next-generation IT services today while helping them move toward tomorrow’s advanced technologies.”

Under the terms of Alliant, AT&T Government Solutions can compete for task orders through Alliant Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) subcategories: Infrastructure, Applications Services, and IT Management Services.

AT&T has seven specialized IT practice areas that it can source for Alliant: Enterprise Architecture, Information Assurance, Program Management, Planning and Analysis, Professional Staff Augmentation, Training and Education, and Modeling and Simulation services. AT&T has the ability as a prime contractor to deliver upon 90 percent of the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) subcategories and to source AT&T’s 500-plus preferred IT subcontractor team for the remaining 10 percent.

“Agencies need secure, scalable IT solutions that drive collaboration and ensure continuity of operations,” said John Klebonis, AT&T vice president-Professional Services. “AT&T’s IT and software engineering expertise, along with our fully integrated IP network, enables us to deliver integrated IT solutions that help agencies meet their mission objectives. With the innovation from AT&T Labs and a dedicated team backed by our global organization, we’ll help agencies maximize their full potential through advanced technologies in order to better serve their customers.”

AT&T’s software engineering and IT services, which AT&T will provide through Alliant, have received a Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI®) Level 3 rating from the Software Engineering Institute (SEI) of Carnegie Mellon University. Many military and civilian government programs that have significant systems and software engineering projects currently use CMMI as a prerequisite and evaluation factor.

AT&T Government Solutions has more than 4,000 employees solely dedicated to serving the needs of the federal government. Eighty-five percent of these employees hold government-sponsored accesses and clearances, and 75 percent of them are based in the Washington, D.C., area. AT&T provides IT solutions and services to defense and civilian agencies, which include the U.S. Army, the Department of Defense, the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Justice.

AT&T has served the IT needs of the federal government for more than 40 years. AT&T developed the Victim Notification System (VNS) for the Department of Justice, an automated means for victims of crimes to be apprised — via the Web — of the location and status of an offender, from arrest through incarceration and release.

AT&T Government Solutions also supports the U.S. Army Strength Management System Redesign program. AT&T provides IT services for the Active Army Strength Forecaster (A2SF) system, a Web-based system that AT&T developed for the Army that ingests more than one million records on a weekly basis. AT&T is helping the Army enhance its forecasting and tracking of personnel through A2SF, which enables the Army to better manage this critical human capital management system.


This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.

News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.