CA Announces CA Clarity Grants Manager On Demand to Provide State and Local Governments with a Comprehensive Grants Lifecycle Solution
New SaaS Offering Addresses Reporting Requirements for ARRA Stimulus Funds While Managing Performance, Reliability and Security of Overall Grants Program
ISLANDIA, N.Y. – CA, Inc. (NASDAQ: CA) today announced the availability of CA Clarity Grants Manager On Demand, a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution that helps states and municipalities to quickly manage and report on their grants, including funds originating from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2009 (ARRA). CA Clarity Grants Manager On Demand is designed to enable agencies to research and compare available grants, select the right grant opportunities, streamline the applications process, manage awarded funds, and track performance objectives. Unlike competitive “reporting solutions” that are limited to addressing little more than ARRA mandates, the CA offering comprehensively addresses all four areas of the grants lifecycle with robust capabilities unmatched by other solutions in the market.
“Project and portfolio management systems and grant management systems are emerging as commercial off-the-shelf application sourcing options to modernize grantees’ IT systems,” said Massimiliano Claps, research director, Gartner. “Cities and counties that are using office automation tools should consider replacing those systems with newer PPM or commercial off-the-shelf grant management solutions.”
Based on CA’s award-winning CA Clarity Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) On Demand platform, CA Clarity Grants Manager On Demand automates the full grants management process, so organizations can start managing funds and addressing ARRA reporting requirements right away, generally with little or no capital investment. The CA solution helps eliminate the ad hoc, manual processes traditionally used to manage grants, and replaces them with an integrated, Web-based solution that allows users to get up and running faster, and more easily meet reporting deadlines, such as the October 10th date for ARRA funds.
“CA Clarity Grants Manager On Demand helps state and local governments to optimize their grant opportunities, including ARRA funds, by reducing the time and resources needed to select, apply, track and report on them,” said William Clark, vice president, technical sales and public sector CTO at CA. “And with our On Demand offering, customers can realize these benefits more quickly and securely, while reducing the resources necessary to install and maintain it over time.”
With increased transparency and accountability required for ARRA stimulus grants, customers can feel more secure because CA Clarity Grants Manager On Demand has the robust functionality to help manage the stringent ARRA auditing and reporting requirements. In addition to helping organizations confidently address ARRA mandates, CA Clarity Grants Manager On Demand has the flexibility and configurability to manage funds from the $104B in non-ARRA monies the U.S. federal government grants annually.*
The Chicago Department of Public Health deployed CA Clarity PPM On Demand in March 2009, to manage the $170M in grants the organization receives each year—of which $10M was routinely being lost due to complications with the manual process. “CA Clarity PPM has positively impacted our grants process from beginning to end. It will help us reduce the amount of funds unspent at the end of each grant cycle, meet critical benchmarks, and align grants with the department’s mission,” said Carlo Govia, CFO and first deputy commissioner, Chicago Department of Public Health. “With CA’s solution automating the management of our grants lifecycle, we are able to put more of our resources—both grant money and manpower—toward our mission-critical health programs and research, rather than to administration.”
With CA Clarity Grants Manager On Demand, organizations have the unique ability to manage the comprehensive grants lifecycle:
Prioritize and Select the Right Grant Opportunities
* Compile grant opportunities in a single location
* Rank and prioritize potential grants based on merits, eligibility and goals
* Create “what-if” scenarios to evaluate the impact of different funding levels, sources and grant types
Streamline the Grant Acquisition Process
* Track resources, tasks and milestones to meet grant application deadlines
* Facilitate ARRA compliance by centrally managing grant deliverables, requirements and budget
Track Performance and Financials
* View consumption of funds and progress against grant objectives
* Reinforce internal controls through configurable security, alerts and approval processes
* Financial and performance tracking to support ARRA reporting requirements
Get Started Quickly with a Flexible On-Demand Platform
* On Demand application helps enable rapid and cost-effective deployment
* Simple UI helps customers start managing grants quickly and easily
* Highly configurable to accommodate both ARRA and organizational needs
Additional information about CA Clarity Grants Manager On Demand is available:
* View a Flash demo of the product in action
* Download the Gartner research report, “ARRA: One More Good Reason to Modernize Local Governments’ Grantee Management Tools”
* Read the Grants Manager On Demand Solution Brief
* Get more information at ca.com/grants
* Gartner, Inc. “ARRA: One More Good Reason to Modernize Local Governments’ Grantee Management Tools,” Massimiliano Claps, April 14, 2009
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.