Juniper Networks Announces Industry’s Only Adaptive Threat Management Solutions to Deliver Intelligent Security and Performance Across the Distributed Enterprise
First Dynamic Security Infrastructure to be Both Identity and Application Aware
SUNNYVALE, Calif. — Juniper Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: JNPR), the leader in high-performance networking, today announced the industry’s only open solution set to deliver intelligent security and performance across all enterprise locations. Juniper Networks Adaptive Threat Management Solutions , based on a dynamic security infrastructure, are the first to deliver security at scale that is both identity aware and application aware, now enabling consistent application delivery and performance across the distributed enterprise — including data center, campus, branch, remote and partner/extranet locations. Juniper empowers customers to reduce risks that threaten the distributed enterprise and their window of vulnerability from months to minutes or seconds.
Juniper’s Adaptive Threat Management Solutions are based on a flexible “pay-as-you-grow” deployment model that can simultaneously reduce risk, lower TCO and increase productivity. The Adaptive Threat Management Solutions include: the new Juniper Networks WX Client for application acceleration; a new release of Juniper’s network access control (NAC) solution, Unified Access Control (UAC) 3.1; new market-leading SA Series SSL VPN version 6.5 software with new standards-based interoperability functionality; new Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) technology; and new releases of Juniper Networks Security Threat Response Manager (STRM) 2009.1 and Network and Security Manager (NSM) 2009.1 for network-wide, centralized visibility and control.
“Workforces have become increasingly globally distributed, and at the same time the number of mission-critical applications that are accessed via the network have increased. Networks are stretched to their limit, application delivery requirements have grown, and every day hackers come up with more sophisticated and stealthy attacks. Enterprises that don’t see or react to these changes put themselves at risk,” said Jeff Wilson of Infonetics Research. “Identity and application aware security and performance solutions are essential. Juniper’s Adaptive Threat Management Solutions are designed to ensure that security is intelligent and applications are delivered across the entire network and everywhere business is conducted.”
Juniper’s Adaptive Threat Management Solutions help to close the vulnerability gap between what companies have deployed in their network and what they need to ensure that business-critical applications can be efficiently delivered at scale regardless of location and that security is intelligent, efficient and ubiquitous.
* With the WX Client, Juniper can deliver an order of magnitude performance improvement at half the cost of competitive solutions. Optionally integrated with Juniper’s SA SSL VPN, Juniper is delivering the industry’s only identity-enabled WAN acceleration client.
* With the industry’s only coordinated enterprise-wide access control offering via Juniper’s UAC and SA SSL VPN, Juniper can dynamically provision seamlessly integrated anti-spyware and anti-malware software to endpoint devices across the LAN and WAN, making it more effective at blocking, detecting and removing spyware threats than competitive solutions.
* With the industry’s fastest IPS at 30Gbps and the most extensive portfolio including standalone IDP Series Intrusion Detection and Prevention Appliances and fully integrated SRX Series Services Gateways, Juniper delivers unmatched integrated security.
Demand More Intelligent Security and Performance
“With Juniper’s Adaptive Threat Management Solutions, we don’t have to compromise on security or performance to ensure the reliability and stability of our business-critical services,” said Scotty Bevill, IT project manager at Intermatic, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of consumer and industrial energy control products. “We are able to deliver consistent security that also meets our regulatory and administrative requirements across the infrastructure — from the data center to our remote and branch offices — all with a single and simple management platform that gives us full visibility and control. We’ve seen significant productivity gains by 70 percent and have reduced overhead and TCO by 50 percent.”
* Identity-Based Security and WAN Acceleration: Application acceleration is particularly important for a more distributed enterprise where mission-critical applications must be securely and efficiently delivered without delay. The WX Client automatically downloads and launches upon starting a Network Connect SSL VPN session, so users transparently start receiving the benefits of application acceleration immediately, tailored and based on their identity. Scenarios commonly seen in networks can achieve an average of 9X performance improvement for company-based web applications and an average of 12X improvement in file transfer time network-wide.
* Dynamically Provisioned Anti-Spyware and Anti-Malware: Juniper’s anti-spyware and anti-malware solution is a license available on SA SSL VPN version 6.5 and UAC 3.1 software releases, which enables the delivery of the industry’s first access control solution to dynamically provision anti-spyware and anti-malware software to endpoint devices regardless of the user or location. Independently validated as having the world’s most scalable and deployed SSL VPN technology — up to 10,000 concurrent user sessions on a single box, Juniper delivers the performance and flexibility businesses require to consistently enforce global policies for any user or role, including employees, contractors, partners and offshore users wherever they are located. Juniper also offers application-aware policy enforcement and broadened support for mobile devices, as well as robust endpoint assessment.
* Identity-Based, Application-Specific Enforcement with Visibility and Control: Juniper is also offering the industry’s first access control solution to support full Layer 2-7 role-based policy enforcement. With new IPS technology integrated with SA SSL VPN and UAC, Juniper is the first to deliver role-based application policy enforcement with ‘follow-me’ user access policies and application usage. This allows companies to enable IPS at all locations to detect and stop application misuse and sophisticated attacks before damage occurs, effectively eliminating security breaches before they happen.
Additionally, Juniper delivers an integrated management, visibility and control solution that can correlate applications, users and user sessions for granular security control and share policies across multiple Juniper product families to maximize security across the network infrastructure. Juniper’s STRM can provide rapid threat detection with real-time streaming of thousands of events per second. With NSM, customers can centrally manage their device configuration and policy provisioning lifecycle to deliver significant cost savings while maintaining security across the distributed enterprise. Together, NSM and STRM can help businesses significantly reduce their OPEX and CAPEX.
“As today’s enterprise networks enable teleworking and expand to more locations and into data centers and public clouds, the need for intelligent, identity-aware security with consistent application delivery becomes even more paramount to the success of the business,” said Mark Bauhaus, executive vice president and general manager of Service Layer Technologies at Juniper Networks. “Only Juniper’s Adaptive Threat Management Solutions offer the most dynamic and flexible solutions that provide the real-time network-wide visibility needed to make the infrastructure more secure and efficient, yielding a significant competitive advantage for distributed enterprises.”
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.