Lexmark announces the world’s first line of Web-connected touch screen all-in-one printers designed for small and medium business
- SmartSolutions, Vizix print system, Wireless-N connectivity, Eco Mode, and business card scan among new features in product family
LEXINGTON, Ky.- Lexmark International, Inc. (NYSE: LXK) today announced information about its full 2009 inkjet all-in-one (AIO) product line to be officially released on Sept. 1, 2009.
Lexmark will deliver eight new AIO inkjets ideal for small to medium sized businesses. From new product designs to industry leading touch screen solutions, Lexmark is introducing a robust, more business focused line of inkjet printers than ever before.
Web-connected touch screen inkjets
The new line includes three Web-connected touch screen AIOs with Lexmark’s myTouch capacitive 4.3" touch screen technology. The touch screen AIOs will be available at competitive price points ranging from $199 to $399.
Lexmark’s myTouch with SmartSolutions technology is an innovative, easy to use approach to user interfaces and includes easy-to-read graphical icons for basic AIO functions and “as needed” navigation for a more user-friendly experience.
With SmartSolutions, Lexmark is leveraging its experience with its award winning enterprise workflow solutions to now provide workflow solutions to SMB customers at more affordable price points to save them time, money and make them more efficient. SmartSolutions technology enables one-touch ‘customizations’ – unique workflows that eliminate repetitive tasks and pain points for each user. SmartSolutions technology has also been built to leverage third-party developers that can create tailored applications. Examples of current widget-like, customized solutions include:
Shortcuts and workflows – time-saving customizable productivity features such as group faxing, scan to email templates and more
ID card copy – scan the ID card and print both sides of the ID on a single sheet of paper; ideal for small businesses such as doctor offices where this feature immediately cuts up to 50 percent paper usage of this everyday task
RSS feeds – business, weather, sports news, a company intranet – or whatever else the user wants to access via RSS is available directly on the touch screen and can even be e-mailed directly from the AIO
New features within the line further enable and enhance a business’ efficiency. Highlights include:
* Vizix print technology – Lexmark’s new Vizix technology includes separate ink tanks and provides top speed and quality across the entire line of new inkjets. This enables customers to choose a printer based on their unique business needs and not have to sacrifice on speed or quality at any price point.
* Wireless – Lexmark is the first printer manufacturer to deliver wireless capability across the entire line of new inkjet AIO products. Additionally, Lexmark is the first to introduce Wireless-N (IEEE 802.11n) for customers in need of longer range and more reliable signals for faster file transfer rates.
* Eco Mode – The new Eco Mode allows users to save paper and energy with a touch of the button. Eco Mode automates two sided printing, faxing and copying, saving businesses up to 50 percent of their paper usage and lowering overall costs.
* Business card scan – Lexmark’s innovative business card scanning solution automatically uploads contact information to the most commonly used address book applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows CE or Palm OSTM. This feature is ideal for business users looking to save time, eliminate clutter and organize their desks.
“This new line of AIOs enables SMBs to be more efficient and save money in today’s economic environment,” said Paul Rooke, Lexmark executive vice president and president of the company’s Imaging Solutions Division. “We’ve created our printers’ robust new design, innovative features and break-through technologies with their needs in mind.”
Lexmark will showcase its lineup of business ready AIO’s at the Lexmark securities analyst open house on Tuesday, Sept. 8, 2009 in New York City. To register and obtain additional details about this event, please visit http://investor.lexmark.com.
Product shipment is scheduled to begin in September.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.