Facts About The BlackBerry Tour
The highly anticipated global 3G BlackBerry® Tour™ from Research In Motion (RIM) is available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores on July 12. The BlackBerry Tour is a 3G world phone, giving customers the option to make phone calls in 220 countries and to access e-mail and Internet in any of the 175 countries where Verizon Wireless provides data roaming services.
Verizon Wireless customers can visit www.verizonwireless.com/tour to pre-order the BlackBerry Tour for $199.99 after a $70 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement.
Following are key features and specifications on the BlackBerry Tour:
* Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900MHz, GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks
* Single-band: 2100 MHz; UMTS/HSPA networks
* Dual-band: 800/1900 MHz; CDMA/EV-DO Revision A networks
* BlackBerry Tour comes with a pre-installed SIM Card
* HTML Web browsing
* Size: 4.4” (h) x 2.4 (w) x .6” (d)
* Weight (battery included): 4.58 oz.
* Memory: 256 MB internal flash memory; 256 MB RAM
* USB Port: enables charging and high-speed data synchronization via USB “A” to micro-USB “B” cable
* Power Adapter: +5V DC / 500 mA AC power adapter with interchangeable location specific plugs
* Battery: 1400 mAh removable/rechargeable cryptographic lithium cell
* Battery Life:
* Talk time: five hours
* Standby time: 14 days
* Keyboard: 35-key backlit QWERTY and Trackball navigation
* Display: High-resolution HVGA+ (480 x 360 pixels), 2.4” color, TFT LCD. Supports over 65k colors
* Input/Output integrated speaker and microphone
* Hands-free headset-capable
* Bluetooth® headset-capable
* Integrated hands-free speakerphone
* Ringtones: 32 polyphonic – MIDI, .mp3
Bluetooth Capabilities (version 2.0)
* Supports mono/stereo headset, hands-free, phonebook access profile (PBAP), serial port profile supported, Bluetooth stereo audio (A2DP/AVCRP), and DUN
Stay in Touch
* Send and receive text and picture messages (SMS and MMS)
* Enhanced Web Mail for AOL® Mail, Gmail™, Windows Live™ or Yahoo!® Mail
* Open document and graphic attachments including JPEG, Adobe® PDF and Microsoft® Word, Microsoft® Excel® and Microsoft® PowerPoint® files
* Edit Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint files
* Instant messaging capabilities with Windows Live™ Messenger, Google Talk™, Yahoo!® Messenger, AOL® Instant Messenger™ or ICQ® applications built specifically for BlackBerry smartphones
* Social networking for BlackBerry smartphones – customers can access Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones; Flickr™ Photo Uploader for BlackBerry® smartphones; and MySpace® for BlackBerry® smartphones
Entertainment On The Go
* Media Player – Customers can watch videos and listen to music
* Supported video formats: MPEG4 H.263, MPEG4 Part 2 Simple Profile, H.264, WMV
* Supported audio format support: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, WMA ProPlus Bluetooth
* Built-in video recording
* Camera with Geo-Tagging capability – allows customers to take photos with a 3.2 megapixel camera* with image stabilization, auto flash, auto focus and 2x digital zoom. Date, time and location stamp geo-tag supported by camera, BlackBerry Maps and Flickr
* BlackBerry® Media Sync – allows customers to sync their desktop music files with their BlackBerry® smartphones
* Mobile Streaming – allows customers to access videos, music or even sports and news clips from Web sites built for mobile streaming
* Expandable Memory to 16 GB: pre-installed 2 GB microSD™ card*
* 3.5 mm stereo headset-capable
Browse, Shop and Buy
* BlackBerry App World™ – customers can personalize their BlackBerry® smartphones with games, social networking, and personal productivity applications
* For small- to medium-sized businesses, Hosted BlackBerry® services and BlackBerry® Professional Software are designed to offer affordable solution options. For large organizations, BlackBerry® Enterprise Solution is designed to provide advanced security features and enterprise-grade functionality.
* A BlackBerry Tour without a camera will be available to enterprise customers. This version does not come with the 2 GB microSD card pre-installed or the stereo headset.
Verizon Wireless Features
* V CAST Music with Rhapsody – customers can choose from more than 4 million songs to download over the air; get the master copy of the songs on their PCs; and sync favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their phones using a USB cable
* VZ Navigator(SM)-capable – customers can get audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others and BlackBerry Maps
* Visual Voice Mail to help customers prioritize their messages
* Mobile Broadband Connect-capable – allows customers to use the device as a modem to connect to Verizon Wireless’ high-speed network with a qualifying Nationwide plan
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.