Antisoma plc reports half-year results
London, UK: 21 February 2006 Cancer drug developer Antisoma plc (LSE: ASM; USOTC: ATSMY) announces its interim financial information for the period ended 31 December 2005.
- AS1404 phase II lung cancer study
* Recruitment completed
* Promising preliminary findings reported
* Encouraging long-term follow-up data reported from phase I renal cancer patients
* Phase I trial reopened in renal and lung cancers
* US orphan drug status granted in renal cancer
- £6.55 million raised through a placing of ordinary shares
- Level 1 American Depositary Receipt Program launched
- Cash and short-term deposits at 31 December 2005 of £23.6 million (30 June 2005: £25.0 million)
- Operating losses for the six months to 31 December 2005 of £9.6 million (six months ended 30 June 2005: £7.8 million)
Dr Barry Price, Chairman of Antisoma, commented, “In October we announced promising preliminary findings from our phase II study of AS1404 in lung cancer. This marked the beginning of an exciting period of newsflow. Over the next six months, we will receive important data on all three of our clinical-stage products, including key data on time to tumour progression from the lung cancer study.”
For further information please visit the Company’s web site at www.antisoma.com
Except for the historical information presented, certain matters discussed in this statement are forward looking statements that are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such statements. These risks and uncertainties may be associated with product discovery and development, including statements regarding the Group’s clinical development programmes, the expected timing of clinical trials and regulatory filings. Such statements are based on management’s current expectations, but actual results may differ materially.
Associated Document (pdf):
- Contact Information
- Glyn Edwards
- Chief Executive Officer
- Antisoma plc
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.