EMC’s Advanced Data Protection Enhances Efficiency of Oracle Environments
New Solutions Reduce Costs, Improve Efficiency And Maximize Performance
HOPKINTON, Mass.-EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, today announced two new EMC Proven™ Solutions that enhance the efficiency of Oracle OLTP environments and data warehouses through advanced performance and data protection. These EMC Proven Solutions have been rigorously tested and documented with reference architectures and best practices designed to reduce the total cost of ownership of the infrastructure and increase IT efficiency. Customers of any size can now deploy a simplified information protection management framework for their Oracle environments utilizing EMC’s industry-leading backup, replication and data protection software.
As Oracle environments grow there is a demand for a simplified solution to protect all data – applications, middleware and database – across OLTP and data warehouses. The EMC Enterprise Oracle Environment Cloning, Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions helps customers deploy an efficient management framework utilizing EMC’s advanced software products to do the following:
* Remotely replicate applications and middleware data along with the Oracle database to ensure full recoverability using EMC SRDF® (Symmetrix Remote Data Facility) replication software.
* Empower DBAs to rapidly create copies of Oracle database information in minutes versus hours or days using EMC Replication Manager and EMC TimeFinder®.
* Speed and simplify backup management to EMC Disk Library for multi-terabyte Oracle data warehouses by leveraging EMC NetWorker® Module for Oracle with EMC replication technology.
* Initiate scheduled or managed backups and perform more granular recovery of Oracle database data by linking NetWorker Module for Oracle with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) utility.
“Midsize IT organizations face the same challenges as enterprises using Oracle, but often with more limited resources and budgets. As Oracle environments grow the cost of backup infrastructure can grow exponentially as many IT organizations are repeatedly performing full Oracle backups,” said Steve O’Donnell, Managing Director and Senior Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group EMEA. “The new EMC Proven Solutions for Oracle environments help customers take advantage of multi-protocol storage access, Enterprise Flash Drives and advanced data protection to provide maximum efficiency.”
Midsize companies are struggling with the explosive growth of their Oracle environments that need to efficiently scale to maintain performance. New EMC Proven solutions based on EMC CLARiiON® CX networked storage systems with Enterprise Flash Drives (EFDs) allow for maximum performance for latency sensitive Oracle applications and help control costs because fewer drives are required to do the same job. These solutions are supported by:
* Reference Architectures for optimized use of multi-protocol storage, including storage area network (SAN) access for highest performance; NFS for flexibility including pure NFS, or integrated use with the Oracle Database Direct NFS feature for enhanced performance.
* New best practices to utilize EFDs within EMC CLARiiON CX networked storage systems. Detailed use cases outline, classify, and prioritize the use of EFDs to maximize performance, and reduce cost through consolidating storage infrastructure.
* New joint EMC Oracle Applied Technology best practices for combining EMC CLARiiON CX-4 and EMC RecoverPoint together with Oracle DataGuard for complete disaster recovery for applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle database data, and how to establish application-aware recovery bookmarks as well as leverage compression to reduce bandwidth costs.
“Efficiency is a top priority for customers because today’s IT budget are requiring them to do more with limited resources,” said EMC’s Todd Pavone, Vice President, Global Solutions. “As a leader in IT infrastructure, EMC has an innovative approach for architecting end-to-end solutions that integrate EMC hardware and software with applications using our strategic relationship with Oracle. EMC Proven Solutions underscore EMC’s ability to solve customer’s key challenges by providing industry-leading technology, solutions and services that helps customers get more value from their Oracle application investment in a predictable, reliable, and accelerated manner.”
EMC Proven Solutions help customers identify and overcome business challenges by reducing risk and time-to-value of their information infrastructure. EMC leverages its expertise and proven technologies with its strategic relationships with Cisco, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and VMware to deliver solutions that support our customers business and technical requirements.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.