Truveo Relaunches Sites for 17 Countries with Improved Video Search Tools
Truveo today announced a major update to its website that makes it easier than ever to find video on the Web. The new site is available at http://www.truveo.com, with localized versions available for 16 other countries. Truveo is the second largest video search engine worldwide, with 25.6 million unique visitors, and the second largest in the U.S., with 5.1 million unique visitors.1
“With the launch of the new Truveo.com, we are showcasing the breadth of content discoverable in our search engine,” said Pete Kocks, President of Truveo and Vice President of AOL. “With thousands of channels and TV shows in our index, Truveo has long been recognized as a leader in video search technology, and today we are building on that reputation with an improved experience that makes discovering and sharing video content even easier and more personalized.”
The latest release of Truveo.com provides:
• The most comprehensive global video index: With more than 350 million online videos from thousands of sources across the Web.2
• Quicker and easier discovery of online video content: Offering a cleaner, redesigned homepage with improved search, browsing functionality and upgraded loading times.
• More personalized control over search: Navigation that lets users browse their searches by channel, category, show, popularity and most followed on Twitter. Users can also easily filter results to find videos on their favorite websites and channels.
• The broadest coverage of videos3: Providing a greater emphasis on helping users easily find the professional videos they want, whether it’s popular TV shows, music videos, sports highlights, news or more. A new page dedicated to TV show listings found on the Web lets users browse for shows alphabetically or by network.
• Extended share features: New tools let users save and send their favorite videos and search terms to friends and share them on Bebo, Facebook, MySpace and StumbleUpon.
In addition, all the Truveo sites use localized ranking algorithms to deliver the most relevant results to each country’s Truveo users. For example, a search on Truveo’s France portal, http://fr.truveo.com, will be more likely to turn up French language videos from French media companies.
Truveo also announced a partnership with Univision Interactive Media, the number one most visited Spanish-language website among U.S. Hispanics4, which provides integrated access to Truveo’s leading video search engine. As part of the partnership, visitors to Univision.com, http://www.univision.com/portal.jhtml, will soon be able to use an enriched video search functionality, powered by Truveo’s video search API, to search and browse the most comprehensive global index of videos. With nearly 76 million unique visitors a month across the Truveo network that powers video search on some of the most popular destinations on the Web, Truveo is a leader in video search.5
In Europe, Truveo has partnered with Tiscali Italia, which provides integrated access to Truveo’s leading video search engine. As part of the partnership, visitors to the site are able to use an enriched video search functionality, powered by Truveo’s video search API to search and browse the most comprehensive global index of videos. Truveo’s search APIs enable website owners to build applications with powerful video search and discovery features that build on Truveo’s leading video search technology and extensive index of over 350 million2 videos.
Truveo’s 17 localized portals are available at the following addresses:
Hong Kong: http://hk.truveo.com
The Netherlands: http://nl.truveo.com
United Kingdom: http://uk.truveo.com
United States: http://www.truveo.com
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.