HP Introduces Cloud Consulting Services for Enterprise IT Organizations
PALO ALTO, Calif., HP today announced new consulting services to help enterprise customers consider incorporating the cloud as part of their broader IT strategy.
The new offerings, including the HP Cloud Discovery Workshop and HP Cloud Roadmap Service, are part of a larger portfolio of HP consulting services for enterprise customers who are looking to efficiently drive business benefits from the cloud.
With these offerings, HP is helping customers source, secure and govern cloud services as an integral part of their IT strategy.
“While many organizations understand the core benefits of the cloud model, there remains a level of uncertainty to strategically leveraging the promise of cloud,” said Frank Gens, senior vice president and chief analyst, IDC. “HP’s consulting services are aimed at helping organizations evaluate cloud as part of their overall IT service delivery strategy to drive business results more efficiently.”
New cloud-related consulting services
The HP Cloud Discovery Workshop is designed to help enterprise IT organizations learn about the cloud as a strategic service delivery option and how to leverage it as part of a broader IT service delivery strategy. Available in July, the workshop is designed to:
* Educate customers on the cloud and multi-sourcing service delivery strategies;
* Outline benefits, risks and implications of the cloud within the business; and
* Provide recommendations on people, process and technology for using the cloud as part of an IT and business strategy.
The HP Cloud Roadmap Service offers customers a service for planning and adopting cloud as part of their service delivery strategy. As a follow-on to the HP Cloud Discovery Workshop, the service will:
* Provide specific recommendations for how customers should use cloud delivery and deployment models as part of their service delivery strategy;
* Recommend the right service strategy, governance and program model; and
* Deliver a roadmap for cloud adoption, including a set of recommendations and benefits for what customers can achieve in practical and incremental steps.
Enabling and executing cloud service adoption
HP offers a broad set of consulting services and expertise to support customers who want to improve business outcomes with cloud services, including:
* HP Service Management Consulting Services – Help customers design, source, manage and govern business and IT services across multiple delivery channels, including the cloud.
* HP Business Technology Optimization (BTO) Services – Help customers meet changing capacity demand. Support the design and implementation of the secure, scalable and reliable infrastructure customers need for rapid service provisioning within cloud environments.
* HP Testing Services – Ensure customer applications are performing as expected and meet end-user demand. HP also can help accelerate Agile, a type of software development method, for services deployed in-house and to the cloud.
* HP Cloud Assure – Consists of HP services and software, including HP Application Security Center, HP Performance Center and HP Business Availability Center, and is delivered to customers via HP Software as a Service. HP also provides customers with a team of expert engineers that performs security scans, executes performance tests and deploys availability monitoring.
* HP Infrastructure Design Service – Helps customers focus on extreme density, power efficiency, cost, reliability and manageability initiatives. This also addresses scale-out compute, storage, data center and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) designs.
* HP Infrastructure Installation and Deployment Services for Scale-out Environments – Deliver a modernized infrastructure of open platforms, latest releases and HP-recommended solutions. These services also address application data migration to or from the cloud.
* IT Shared Service Consulting and Planning for Cloud Environments – Helps enterprise customers improve IT cost efficiencies, quality of service and responsiveness across all lines of business. Large-scale adoption of cloud requires a high-maturity, service-centric IT. With the HP IT Shared Services, customers can accelerate business and IT alignment – including staffing, structure and governance – and optimize and rationalize enterprise-wide IT resources.
“Despite the promise of cloud computing, organizations still need help in understanding how to leverage and enable the cloud as part of a service delivery strategy,” said Anand Eswaran, vice president, Software and Solutions Professional Services, HP. “HP cloud consulting services can address this knowledge gap by helping chief information officers optimize sourcing investments, develop strategies to deliver services faster while meeting service levels, and enable multichannel service delivery to align IT and the business.”
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.