Epson Introduces New Compact Six-Axis Robots with Best in Class Cycle Time
– TOKYO, Japan.-Seiko Epson Corporation (“Epson”, TSE: 6724) today announced the addition of the new “C3 series” to its popular range of six-axis vertically articulated robots*1. The new model, which combines best in class speed*2 and accuracy in a slim body, will begin shipping late July.
The C3 series is the first compact model in the ProSix series of six-axis robots, which employ Epson’s high-speed, low vibration Smart Motion Control technology*3, and embodies optimal functionality for precision assembly of small parts.
Epson robots are currently being used in a wide variety of fields, including the electronics, automobile, food, pharmaceutical and medical industries, and this new product will further expand the range of applications. In addition, ProSix models can be ceiling or wall mounted, enabling installation in a variety of settings.
1. High-speed and high-precision
* Increases productivity with best in class speed*1 and accuracy.
Average cycle time in the 0.3 second range (1 kg load), with repeatability of ±0.02mm.
2. Slim body realizes high space efficiency
* Robot volume is only 1/44 of the motion range.
* Small elbow area (3rd joint) approx. half that of the current model. (Fig. 1)
* Less interference with peripherals, walls and ceiling permits more compact installation.
3. Dexterous wrist
* Compact wrist (5th joint) with wide motion range enables smooth movement and the ability to work from many angles. (Figs. 2,3)
* Minimal interference with surroundings improves flexibility in hand design.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.