Infosys Technologies Introduces iTransform™ Product Suite, One of Industry’s First End-To-End Solution to Simplify and Accelerate HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10 Transitions
Healthcare Payers and Providers Manage Transition and Reduce Costs with iTransform
Bangalore, India: Infosys Technologies Limited (NASDAQ: INFY) today introduced the iTransform™ Product Suite, which delivers an end-to-end offering for managing the transitions to the 5010 version of the HIPAA standard transactions and ICD-10 coding systems. By taking a comprehensive approach for assessment and remediation, and automating a significant amount of the transition exercise, based on prototype results the iTransform Product Suite can help healthcare payers and providers save up to 50 percent of the cost and up to 50 percent of the duration to make the transitions compared to the manual process and remediation.
“Healthcare organizations face one of the most significant challenges to the U.S. healthcare industry in decades in order to comply with HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10 regulations,” said Eric Paternoster, senior vice president and head of insurance, healthcare and life sciences, Infosys Technologies. “iTransform not only simplifies transition, it also delivers an opportunity for payers and providers to take advantage of the new regulations for improving operational efficiency, reducing costs and providing better healthcare.”
The iTransform Product Suite uses tools and accelerators to accelerate every phase of transition while lowering the cost and risk of manual analysis and remediation. The suite consists of a collection of well-defined components that work in tandem to provide a complete solution from assessment to implementation:
* High-level assessment: iTransform’s Reference Architecture provides an assessment of ICD 10 and HIPAA 5010 impact to an organization’s processes, in terms of criticality, severity and budgetary remediation effort.
* Code impact assessment: iTransform’s Impact Analyzer searches for the impact of HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10 changes on a variety of code bases and is an efficient and cost-effective best practices tool to fast-track the selection process for the replacement of systems.
* Remediation strategy: Based on pre-identified gaps between 4010 and 5010 TR3s, the iTransform product suite generates a set of code and process remediation recommendations. These recommendations could vary from code level recommendations such as “How to incorporate the value changes to a particular attribute in a particular HIPAA transaction?” all the way to complex business improvement recommendations such as “How to leverage the additional CAS segment information to improve the Coordination of Benefits?”
* Process and code remediation: iTransform’s Automatic Code Remediator remediates the impact points identified during code impact assessment based on rules coded for the specific organization.
* Implementation: iTransform’s Transition Simulator, Data Migrator and Crosswalks execute testing and code conversion, the most complex and costly components of the HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10 transition.
Each component can work in isolation and targets a specific need such as code analysis for custom applications, rating engine neutralization and ICD crosswalks. These components, though self-contained and available on an individual basis, work together toward an accelerated transition to HIPAA 5010 and ICD10 and continued smooth operations post transition.
To learn more about the iTransform Product Suite, please visit: http://www.infosys.com/industries/healthcare/industry-offerings/ICD-transition-services.asp
About Infosys Technologies Ltd.
Infosys Technologies Limited (NASDAQ: INFY) defines, designs and delivers IT-enabled business solutions that help Global 2000 companies win in a Flat World. These solutions focus on providing strategic differentiation and operational superiority to clients. With Infosys, clients are assured of a transparent business partner, world-class processes, speed of execution and the power to stretch their IT budget by leveraging the Global Delivery Model that Infosys pioneered. Infosys has over 104,000 employees in over 50 offices worldwide. Infosys is part of the NASDAQ-100 Index and The Global Dow. For more information, visit www.infosys.com.
Infosys Safe Harbor
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the “safe harbor” under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at www.sec.gov Opens in new window including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2009, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.