D-LINK now shipping MYDLINK-ENABLED network camera for easy remote monitoring of security video from virtually anywhere via free MYDLINK™ PORTAL
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. — D-Link, the end-to-end computer networking solutions provider for consumers and businesses, today began shipping a network camera that allows users to remotely monitor live streaming video through the company’s new www.mydlink.com portal.
The new D-Link® Network Camera (DCS-1100) is ’mydlink-enabled’, allowing it to be easily viewed and managed by the mydlink™ portal, providing customers with an easier way to experience a connected, digital lifestyle. A wireless 802.11n version, the DCS-1130, is expected to ship at end of this month.
Offering plug and play connectivity, the new D-Link network cameras feature easy installation and setup, mobile 3G and Web monitoring, 16x digital zoom, motion detection, integrated microphone and multiple profiles. The DCS-1100 connects to the home or small business network via a standard network cable, while the DCS-1130 connects using 802.11n Wi-Fi with WPS support.
With 3GPP mobile surveillance, users can view a live feed from the cameras using a 3G-enabled cell phone, PDA or any compatible RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol) device. Users are offered a flexible and convenient way to remotely monitor their homes or offices in real time from anywhere within a customer’s mobile network by simply using a common 3GPP-compatible player on the mobile device.
“Our new network cameras offer a user experience unmatched in the industry. By being ’mydlink-enabled’ customers can quickly view and manage their cameras from Internet Explorer with Internet connectivity*,” said AJ Wang, chief technology officer, D-Link. “Both cameras can still be configured through the traditional web graphical user interface (GUI) as with other D-Link network cameras for many of the advanced features.”
An industry first, mydlink-enabled products let users with high-speed Internet, a home network and a PC quickly and easily install and monitor compatible home networking devices. The groundbreaking mydlink portal takes the work out of activation and management of devices by offering the following user experience:
To add mydlink-enabled products to the mydlink portal users follow these steps:
* Connect camera to the home network and run the wizard.
* Go to www.mydlink.com and set up a password-protected user account.
* Add each product to their mydlink account by entering product ID numbers provided with each device.
* Manage and organize their mydlink-enabled products and services from one central place, via an easy to navigate website.
* Define their profile and settings for all mydlink-enabled products.
* Easily view camera video remotely.
* Users get maximum value from their digital products with minimum technical knowledge.
* Users can allow other mydlink-connected users to share their products, including the remote viewing of live camera video.
Price and Availability
The DCS-1100 is available through D-Link’s network of computer retail stores, value-added resellers, solution providers, distributors and at D-Link’s own etail store, dlinkshop.com for the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $179.99. The DCS-1130 is expected to ship with a MSRP of $219.99.
* Multi-browser support for mydlink.com coming soon.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.