Top Marriott Owners and Franchisees Recognized for Hospitality Excellence
Eleven Marriott Owner and Franchise Companies Receive Prestigious Partnership Circle Award.
Bethesda, MD.- Marriott International, Inc. (NYSE:MAR) honored top select-service and extended-stay owner and franchise partners at a national conference held recently at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes in Orlando, Fla. More than 400 executives from organizations that own or franchise Courtyard, Fairfield Inn, Residence Inn, SpringHill Suites or TownePlace Suites hotels attended the two-day meeting.
Over 60 awards were presented during the conference, and eleven companies were awarded Marriott’s highest honor, the Partnership Circle Award, presented to owner and franchise partners for their hospitality excellence: Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company; Hotel Equities; InnSight Hotel Management Group, Inc.; InterMountain Management, L.L.C.; JHM Hotels, Inc.; SREE Hotels, L.L.C.; Sunridge Hotel Group; The North Central Group; True North Hotel Group, Inc.; Urgo Hotels, L.P.; and White Lodging Services Corp.
“Our select-service and extended-stay owners and franchisees are key to Marriott’s continued success,” said Joel Eisemann, executive vice president, Owner and Franchise Services and Lodging Development, Select Service and Extended Stay Brands, Marriott International. “They are strong partners who remain committed to our brands and our business. We continue to work closely together to ensure Marriott’s brands remain the most preferred among travelers.”
Marriott’s Partnership Circle Award honors companies that embody Marriott’s vision, share a mutual long-term commitment, fully embrace Marriott’s brand initiatives, focus on associates to create a well-managed and engaged workforce, invest in hotel product, and provide outstanding customer service as measured through Marriott’s guest satisfaction surveys.
Marriott’s 2009 Partnership Circle Award Winners:
• Concord Hospitality Enterprises Company of Raleigh, N.C., is a long-time Marriott partner and a five-time Partnership Circle Award winner. The company currently owns and/or operates 49 hotels across Marriott’s full-service, select-service, and extended-stay brands and has nearly 20 hotels under development. Concord recently opened the first new build SpringHill Suites prototype in Waukegan, Ill.
• Hotel Equities of Atlanta, Ga., operates nine select-service and extended-stay Marriott hotels throughout Georgia and North Carolina and is a two-time Partnership Circle Award winner. With nine additional hotels under development, the company continues to grow its Marriott portfolio. Fred Cerrone, president and CEO of Hotel Equities, was recently named Hotelier of the Year by HotelWorld.
• InnSight Hotel Management Group, Inc. of Springfield, Ore., operates eight Marriott select-service and extended-stay hotels throughout Oregon and Washington State, with an additional Residence Inn under development. The company is consistently recognized by Marriott for operational excellence, and its hotels and general managers have received numerous awards.
• InterMountain Management, L.L.C. of Monroe, La., owns and/or operates 51 Marriott hotels and is poised for continued strong growth, with over 30 hotels under development. The company embraces Marriott’s philosophy – “if you take care of your associates, they will take care of the customer” – and achieves outstanding guest satisfaction scores across its entire portfolio of hotels.
• JHM Hotels, Inc. of Greenville, S.C., owns and operates a portfolio of 17 full-service and select-service Marriott hotels. The company’s hotels are top performers and garner high guest satisfaction rankings. JHM was recognized with its second Partnership Circle Award for select-service and extended-stay brands and also received Marriott’s Service Excellence Award for the TownePlace Suites The Villages in Fla.
• SREE Hotels, L.L.C. of Charlotte, N.C., first partnered with Marriott in the mid-1990s and opened the Fairfield Inn Kannapolis in N.C. Today the company owns and/or operates 12 select-service and extended-stay hotels, franchised with Marriott in N.C., S.C., Va., and Calif. SREE recently opened the SpringHill Suites Charlotte Ballantyne and the Residence Inn Charlotte/Concord. Two additional Marriott hotels are expected to open this summer.
• Sunridge Hotel Group of Mesa, Ariz., owns and/or operates 11 select-service and extended-stay Marriott hotels. Sunridge has received numerous awards, including multiple “Management Company of the Year” awards, multiple “Best New Opening” awards, and awards for highest “Guest Satisfaction Scores.” This is the second year the company has received Marriott’s Partnership Circle Award.
• The North Central Group of Middleton, Wis., is a first-time Partnership Circle Award winner. The company owns and/or operates six Marriott select-service and extended-stay hotels, with another four under development. The North Central Group, a prior-year winner of multiple brand awards, also received the award for the highest overall Guest Satisfaction Score for the Courtyard brand.
• True North Hotel Group, Inc., of Overland Park, Kan., received its third Marriott Partnership Circle Award. The company currently owns and operates 11 select-service and extended-stay Marriott hotels, with 10 additional hotels under development. True North also received the Design and Construction Excellence Award for the Fairfield Inn & Suites Overland Park, Kan.
• Urgo Hotels, L.P. of Bethesda, Md., owns or operates 12 Marriott hotels in the United States and Canada. Urgo’s portfolio features many unique properties, including an adaptive reuse project in Quebec City that now operates as an award-winning Courtyard hotel. The company’s hotels consistently receive high guest satisfaction scores. This is the first year the company has received the Partnership
• White Lodging Services Corp. of Merrillville, Ind., is one of Marriott’s most prolific developers and has received Marriott’s Partnership Circle Award 14 times. White Lodging owns 27 Marriott properties and operates more than 100 hotels across seven Marriott brands. The company was an innovator in developing a number of projects that combine two Marriott brands on the same footprint, including a recently opened Fairfield Inn & Suites and SpringHill Suites in Louisville, Ky.
In addition to presenting the Partnership Circle Awards, Marriott also recognized seven companies for their exceptional guest satisfaction scores and honored other owners and franchisees for their achievements in the following categories: Developer of the Year, Best Opening, Conversion Excellence, Renovation Excellence, and Design and Construction Excellence. A full list of winners is attached.
2009 OWNERS MEETING AWARD WINNERS
InnSight Hotel Management Group, Inc
JHM Hotels, Inc.
SREE Hotels, L.L.C.
Sunridge Hotel Group
The North Central Group
True North Hotel Group, Inc.
Urgo Hotels, L.P.
White Lodging Services
Chartwell Hospitality for Courtyard Franklin Cool Springs
Concord Hospitality for SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan
Dixon Properties for TownePlace Suites Savannah Airport
Kratsa Properties for SpringHill Suites Wheeling
Lexington Management Corporation for Residence Inn Cincinnati North/West Chester
McKibbon Hotel Management, Inc. for TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore
OTO Development, LLC for Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Pierce
A and M Hospitality Management, Inc. for TownePlace Suites Detroit Warren
Concord Hospitality for Fairfield Inn & Suites Cleveland Beachwood
Shaner Hotel Group for Courtyard Jacksonville Beach Oceanfront
Tarsadia Hotels for Courtyard San Diego Mission Valley
Developer of the Year
Baywood Hotels, Inc.
K Partners Hospitality Group
White Lodging Services Corp.
Archon Hospitality Management for Residence Inn Los Angeles LAX
Crestline Hotels and Resorts, Inc. for Courtyard Providence Downtown
Kratsa Properties for Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh New Stanton
Peterson-Tweeten Development, Inc. for SpringHill Suites Chicago Elmhurst
TMH Hotels, Inc. for TownePlace Suites Redwood City
Design and Construction Excellence
Baywood Hotels, Inc. for Courtyard Waldorf
Concord Hospitality for SpringHill Suites Chicago Waukegan
InterMountain Management, LLC for TownePlace Suites El Centro
LTD Management for Courtyard Newport News Airport
Menna Development and Management, Inc. – for Residence Inn Tampa Suncoast Parkway at NorthPointe Village
Otis and Clark Properties for SpringHill Suites St. Louis Brentwood
R.D. Olson Development for Residence Inn Burbank Downtown
Riverview Holdings, LLC for Fairfield Inn & Suites Elkin Jonesville
Robert Finvarb Companies for Residence Inn Phoenix Desert View at Mayo Clinic
SJS Hospitality, LLC for TownePlace Suites Tulsa Broken Arrow
True North Hotel Group, Inc. for Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Overland Park
A and M Hospitality Management, Inc. – TownePlace Suites
Campbell Lodging, Inc. – SpringHill Suites
E.J. Del Monte – Fairfield Inn
JHM Hotels, Inc. – TownePlace Suites
John Q. Hammons Hotels – Residence Inn
Lodgco Management – SpringHill Suites
The North Central Group – Courtyard
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.