Indiana Chevy Dealer Gets Ready for Proposed "Cash for Clunkers" Bill
An Indianapolis Area Chevrolet Dealer is preparing for what could be a considerable increase in sales if the proposed Cash for Clunkers Bill is passed into law. The bill would offer a voucher of up to $4,500 for consumers who trade in their ‘gas guzzler’ for a more fuel-efficient vehicle. Hare Chevrolet in Noblesville, Indiana is one of the largest new and used dealers in the state.
Currently, Chevrolet offers more models than Toyota or Honda with an EPA estimated 30 MPG highway or better. Select models of Aveo Sedan, Aveo5, Cobalt, HHR and Malibu all fall into the 30 MPG highway or better. Furthermore, the all-new Traverse offers an EPA estimated 24 MPG highway - the best fuel economy of any 8-passenger crossover. That’s better than the Honda Pilot. Tahoe XFE offers better fuel economy than any of its competitors, and with Silverado XFE’s EPA estimated 21 MPG highway, no other full-size pickup has better fuel economy.
One of the owners of Hare Chevrolet, Courtney Cole, is excited about the potential business the Cash for Clunkers Bill could bring. “With Chevrolet’s current lineup of models, we will probably have the most vehicles to offer that qualify for the program. This should help increase new vehicle sales.”
Although not an official law, the proposal right now contains the following information:
• If a car getting 18 MPG or less is traded in for a vehicle getting 22-27 MPG, the buyer could get a voucher for $3,500.
• If a car getting 18 MPG or less is traded in for a vehicle getting 28+ MPG, the buyer could get a voucher for $4,500.
• If an SUV, pickup, or minivan getting 18 MPG or less is traded in for a new truck or SUV that gets 2-4 MPG more than the “clunker”, the buyer could receive a voucher for $3,500.
• If an SUV, pickup, or minivan getting 18 MPG or less is traded in for a new truck or SUV that gets 5+ more than the “clunker”, the buyer could receive a voucher for $4,500.
More information on Chevrolet vehicles that qualify for the Cash for Clunkers Program is available at http://www.cashforclunkersfacts.com/epa/chevrolet-mpg-estimates.
- Contact Information
- Judie Michener
- Business Development Director
- Hare Chevrolet
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.