LG Display Showcases its Next-Generation Displays at SID 2009
Seoul, Korea . - LG Display Co., Ltd. [NYSE: LPL, KRX: 034220], a leading innovator of thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) technology, today announced plans to showcase its line-up of industry-leading technologies at SID’s Display Week 2009 to be held during May 31 to June 5 in San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A.
At SID 2009, LG Display will be demonstrating its unrivaled advances in LED backlit LCDs, 3D, eco-friendly and AMOLED display technologies.
LG Display’s line-up includes the world’s thinnest LED backlit LCD TV panel with 5.9mm thickness; a 23-inch 3D LCD that realizes full HD and high brightness images, another world’s first.
The company will also showcase its full suite of futuristic displays employing next-generation technologies including slim and durable AMOLED products, next-generation in-plane printing technology, and oxide TFT to replace costlier conventional TFT technology.
In addition, Mr. In Jae Chung, LG Display’s Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President, will be delivering a keynote speech titled “LCD’s Future Opportunities with New Technologies” at the conference on June 2.
LG Display will demonstrate 3D displays for realistic three-dimensional images.
* 23-inch 3D LCD with low priced viewing glasses, which integrates time-sequential technology in the panel while also realizing full HD and high brightness images
* 47-inch 3D LCD panel that delivers 3D images through the refraction of the lens attached to the panel
* 47-inch 3D LCD panel that provides a variety of different views of objects based on the viewing angle and direction
Next-Generation LCD Technologies
LG Display will unveil its state-of-the art, next-generation LCD technologies.
* Four 3.5-inch LCDs conjoined in a serial array displaying a full image that is not interrupted by borders; a lens attached to the panel magnifies images to very left and right sides of the displays to make the borders look invisible
* 24-inch LCD that employs next-generation in-plane printing technology to print the column spacer and overcoat pattern in one step without going through the costly photolithography process
* 6.4-inch LCD that employs Advanced Oxide Technology, hailed as a possible replacement for LTPS, that can enhance resolution and facilitate larger product sizes using oxide TFT
LED backlit LCD Displays
LG Display will exhibit LCD TV panels featuring LED backlight units, including the world’s thinnest LCD TV panel.
* Edge-lit LED backlit 42- and 47-inch LCD TV panels with 5.9mm thickness, the slimmest LCD TV panels currently available
* Modular-type LED backlit 47-inch full HD LCD TV panel with 8.9mm thickness
LG Display will also offer eco-friendly displays featuring high resolution and low power consumption.
* 32-inch LCD TV Panel, in which energy use is reduced by 50% compared to conventional LCD panels as a result of LG Display’s White Plus technology. This new technology enhances display brightness by adding a white pixel to the existing RGB pixel
LG Display will present AMOLED products which offer ultra-thin designs and greater durability.
* 3.0-inch AMOLED of 0.42mm thickness and enhanced durability due to encap technology
* 15-inch AMOLED that employs LTPS board which is advantageous in realizing high resolution images
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.