Powerful MINING NEWS Website Launched
miningne.ws (www.miningne.ws) has announced the launch of its fully functional website that features news, market information, and a social networking element. The website, miningne.ws, is dedicated to providing the mining fraternity, including professionals, investors and other stakeholders, with relevant and current news from global sources, as well as constantly updated market information.
According to miningne.ws publisher, Elizabeth Shorten, the objective of the site is to become the premier source of mining news and information for the industry. “Anyone in mining or with an interest in mining will benefit from interacting with this site because it’s relevant, current and comprehensive. It is an invaluable resource for mining professionals, geologists, investors and researchers, and can assist them in keeping informed and making decisions.”
While news is sourced through a powerful aggregator, a software application that combs through the Internet and collects information, articles are selected by the site’s editorial team, ensuring they are relevant to the target market. Mining news is sourced from industry hotspots, such as Australia and Canada, as well as throughout Africa and South Africa.
“This human element is one of the factors that sets us apart from our competitors,” says Steven O’Sullivan, Online Editor, miningne.ws. “In addition, we designed this website with the time-strapped reader in mind. It offers a simple, uncluttered design and presents the relevant information in a way that is easy to use, select and navigate.”
miningne.ws also offers the following features:
- News articles can be filtered by region, commodity, subject matter and keyword tags, ensuring readers can easily select items that are relevant to their interests
- Users can subscribe to RSS feeds based on their requirements
- A significant social networking aspect - articles can be commented on and rated by readers, allowing users to network with fellow mining professionals.
- Free registration on the site
- Registered users can upload their own blogs, videos, photographs and podcasts.
- Mining company press offices, product and service listings
- An events section to which users can contribute their own events
- Sponsorship opportunities for advertisers.
A weekly newsletter, available to subscribers, has also been introduced. This is a round-up of the most relevant and topical mining news stories per region. These articles are specially selected by the editorial team and archived on the site for future reference.
O’Sullivan notes that the miningne.ws site was launched to address the gap that exists in the industrial market for a multi-dimensional mining news provider that targets the sector. “In addition to the website’s functionality, we’ve been proactive in our selection of a website name – miningne.ws. This has allowed us to take advantage of the trend to shorten and simplify web addresses.”
For more information, please visit www.miningne.ws.
- Contact Information
- Steven O’Sullivan
- Online editor miningne.ws
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.