Kroger’s Family of Stores Remind Customers to Chill, Clean, Separate and Cook
As Summer Grilling Season Approaches, Easy Food Safety Steps Are Key
CINCINNATI, Ohio. – As the summer grilling season approaches, The Kroger Co.’s (NYSE: KR) family of stores is reminding customers about the four keys to safe grilling: Chill, Clean, Separate and Cook:
CHILL: Keep cold foods cold
• Use a cooler or chill bag to keep meat cold on the way home.
• Set refrigerators to 40° F.
• Thaw meat in the refrigerator.
CLEAN: Wash kitchen surfaces often
• Wash hands with warm water and soap for 20 seconds before and after handling food.
• Wash cutting boards, dishes and utensils often.
SEPARATE: Don’t cross-contaminate
• Separate fresh meat from other food.
• Keep cutting boards and utensils separate to prevent spreading germs.
• Place cooked food on a clean plate.
COOK: Cook food to a safe temperature
• Use a food thermometer every time you cook fresh meat.
• Cook ground beef and pork to 160° F to ensure it’s safe and delicious.
“Grilling out with family and friends is a terrific summer pastime we can all enjoy. At Kroger, we are partnering with our customers to remind them to follow these easy food safety tips so that every cookout is a success,” said Joe Grieshaber, group vice president of Kroger’s meat, seafood, deli and produce departments.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.