Texas Instruments introduces an octal-channel, low-power DAC family with internal reference for industrial applications
2-, 14- and 16-bit DACs doubles accuracy of competitive devices
DALLAS .- Extending its family of 12-, 14-, and 16-bit digital-to-analog converters (DACs), Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the DAC8568 (16-bit), DAC8168 (14-bit) and DAC7568 (12-bit) for data acquisition systems, industrial process control and portable instrumentation. The new devices integrate eight channels of precision DACs, while providing the industry’s best combination of high accuracy and low power. In addition to enabling twice the accuracy of competitive devices, the family’s 2 ppm/°C internal reference saves space and cost over external references. For details about this product, please see www.ti.com/dac8568-pr
Key features and benefits of the octal channel DAC family
* Internal reference provides excellent temperature drift performance of 2 ppm/°C (typ) up to
* 5 ppm/°C (max) across the entire operating range, improving accuracy by 2x over competitive devices. The internal reference offers high initial accuracy of +/-0.004% (typ); +/-0.02% to help eliminate the need for full-scale system calibration
* Lowest output glitch energy of 0.1nV-s reduces undesired transients and noise and leads to lower total harmonic distortion when generating waveforms
* Widest temperature range of -40°C to +125°C helps ensure performance in extreme environments
* Eight individual DAC channels in a small TSSOP-14 or TSSOP-16 package and lowest power of 0.56 mW/channel (including internal reference current) saves power budgets and decreases needed board space
Availability and pricing
The DAC8568 is available today in a 16-pin TSSOP package at $13.20. The DAC8168 and DAC7568 are also available today in both 14- and 16-pin TSSOP packages at $10.20 and $8.20, respectively. All prices are suggested resale in 1,000-unit quantities.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.