Texas Instrumentsí high-power Power-over-Ethernet controller can deliver greater than 90 percent efficiency
Integrated PoE Plus controller meets new standard for powered device applications
DALLAS .- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE:TXN) introduced today a high-efficiency, high-power Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) controller for 13-watt or 26-watt powered device (PD) applications, such as IP phones, wireless access points or security cameras. Fully compliant to the IEEE 802.3at draft 4.0 standard, the integrated TPS23754 supports DC/DC converter topologies that can achieve higher than 90 percent power conversion efficiency, which reduces heat and increases reliability of the system. The single-chip PoE solution leverages a 100-V manufacturing process to provide a robust solution in a 13-watt or 26-watt design. For product details and to request samples see: www.ti.com/tps23754-pr.
Along with the TPS23754, TI is sampling the TPS23756 to support auxiliary input voltages as low as 12 V, allowing a PoE designer to use popular, inexpensive 12-V wall adapters. Additionally, the TPS23757 will support 13-W and below applications requiring the higher efficiency DC/DC topologies. Both the TPS23756 and TPS23757 will be available in the third quarter.
* Complementary auxiliary driver with programmable dead-time
* PD controller supports up to 825-mA continuous current
* Power source selection priority
* Current and inrush limit
* 100-V monolithic SOI process
* Supports high-efficiency isolated flyback and forward DC-DC converter topologies
* Implements IEEE 802.3at (draft 4.0) for PD applications requiring greater than 13 W
* Natively supports external, local power sources with or without PoE power present
* PD front end protects against current inrush and short circuits
* Robust manufacturing process withstands voltage surges up to 100 V at the IC
Availability and pricing
The TPS23754 is available now in a HTSSOP-20 package and is priced at $1.90 in quantities of 1,000. The TPS23756 will be available in third quarter in the same quantities and pricing. The TPS23757, also available in third quarter, is priced at $1.65 in quantities of 1,000.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.