Xerox Builds on the Power of Color: New Value-Added Office Products and Tools Make Printing Easier
NORWALK, Conn. -- Xerox Corporation’s (NYSE: XRX) latest collection of office products and tools take multitasking to a new level - allowing customers to get more work done faster and easier than ever before. The new products range from a high-volume color multifuncation printer (MFP) to a professional-quality color printer for the office - and tools that deliver vibrant, accurate color prints.
Tailored to meet various business requirements, the new products range from the Xerox Phaser™ 7500 color printer - printing up to 35 color pages per minute (ppm), to the Xerox WorkCentre™ 6400 color MFP that prints, copies, scans and faxes. The Xerox WorkCentre 7400 color MFP series offers additional features such as advanced paper handling and finishing capabilities for booklet making and hole-punching.
The products build on a heritage in color printing that has consistently earned top marks from customers. For the second straight year, Xerox products were rated “best” overall when compared to competitors such as Canon, Hewlett-Packard and Ricoh in the 2008 Industry Analysts Inc.’s annual Color End-User Survey.
“Color by Words,” a breakthrough innovation feature of the Phaser 7500, is a color-matching technology that answers the customers’ need for color accuracy. Users can select from a unique menu of words, such as “red apple,” “blue sky” or “green grass,” to fine tune the colors they want. With Color by Words, everyone from a graphic designer to the part-time PowerPoint warrior can get the right color and vibrant prints the first time.
“We’ve been hard at work bringing our advanced MFP and printer technologies to our entire product line, delivering increased productivity to workgroups of all sizes,” said Rick Dastin, president, Global Products Delivery Group, Xerox Corporation. “These new desktop products now have the same security features and workflow ease of use as our console machines.”
Phaser 7500 color laser printer
* Small and mid-sized workgroups can now attain professional-quality features like Adobe® PostScript® 3™, PANTONE®-approved color tables and 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution; priced at $2,999.
* Paper capacity-up to 2,100 sheets-means fewer interruptions during big print jobs; support for up to 13“x18” paper and heavy media for full-bleed prints is ideal for posters, brochures and business cards.
WorkCentre 6400 color multifunction printer
* Quick faxing, scanning, printing and copying functionality, 32 ppm color and 37 ppm black-and-white print speeds; priced at $4,299.
* Fast retrieval of documents with scan to e-mail and network, as well as Internet and server faxing.
* Print Around feature makes sure if one job is held up due to lack of resources, like a specific paper size, other jobs will continue to print.
* Vendors and developers can create customized applications on Xerox’s first Extensible Interface Platform™ (EIP) - enabled desktop device. EIP is a software platform that uses Web-based tools to tailor the user screen and create specific workflows. For example, EIP can allow users to scan information directly to a client folder without specifying the client name.
WorkCentre 7400 color multifunction series (WorkCentre 7425/7428/7435)
* Prints, copies, scans and faxes in one device with speeds up to 35 ppm in color and black-and-white, starting at $11,995. Creates text-searchable XPS and PDF files to easily find and search scanned documents.
* Uses Xerox’s Emulsion Aggregation High Gloss Toner, which produces smaller, more consistent toner particles that allow for sharper 1200 x 2400 dpi image quality.
* Consumes less than 2 watts of power at sleep mode and are the first MFPs of their type to incorporate biomass plastic, which produces 16 percent fewer CO2 emissions during manufacturing.
* Includes Auditron and Xerox Standard Accounting, which regulate and track color usage, giving users the ability to manage costs by choosing when, where and how much color they need.
WorkCentre 4250 black-and-white multifunction printer
* Packs the powerful capabilities of an enterprise-level black-and-white MFP into a compact design to save money and valuable office space; starting at $2,199.
* Increase efficiency and security with network authentication, hard disk overwrite and fax forward to e-mail.
* Advanced multifunction capabilities include secure 45 ppm network printing and copying, and color scanning and faxing.
All of the devices are ENERGY STAR® qualified and part of Xerox’s Green World Alliance. The Xerox Green World Alliance is a worldwide initiative to encourage customers large and small to recycle or dispose of supplies in a manner that minimizes impact to the environment.
The Phaser 7500, WorkCentre 4250 and WorkCentre 6400 are available immediately in North America through Xerox direct sales, agents, resellers and dealers, by calling 1-866-480-3119 or at www.xerox.com/direct. The WorkCentre 7400 series is available immediately in North America through Xerox direct sales, agents, authorized resellers and dealers. Consult local Xerox representatives for availability in Europe and other markets.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.