Thomson Reuters Offers New Mid-year Tax Update Training -
Providing Updates for Accounting and Tax Practitioners Regarding U.S. 2009 Stimulus Legislation
The Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters has recently developed and released a new Gear Up course, Mid-year Tax Update for Individuals, to help accounting and tax practitioners navigate recent tax legislation. With more than 12 tax bills passed in the last 15 months, this seminar is anticipated to be in high demand for CPAs, EAs, and tax accountants.
“2009 has been declared ‘the year of change,’ and this certainly applies to tax laws,” said Ken Koskay, senior vice president and general manager of CPE & Training at the Tax & Accounting business of Thomson Reuters. “Many tax reforms were included in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, current budget proposals promise to include more tax reforms, and more tax legislation is expected throughout the year. Our timely mid-year update course will prepare practitioners to be able to explain these tax changes to their clients and identify how their clients can benefit from them.”
Mid-year Tax Update for Individuals is a live course located in major cities in the U.S. this spring and summer. Areas of focus will include:
* Numerous changes related to energy and the environment
* Bonus depreciation and Section 179 deductions extended through 2009
* Net operating losses carried back farther and with more flexibility
* Expanded earned income and child credits
* First-time homebuyer credit not subject to recapture
* New credits for tuition and related expenses
* Making Work Pay credit
* Economic recovery payments to certain non-workers
* New deductions for sales tax on autos
* Many extenders, including another AMT patch
This Gear Up course from Thomson Reuters is available to accounting and tax practitioners for Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits. Additional information can be obtained by visiting http://www.trainingcpe.thomson.com/GearUp or calling 800-231-1860.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.