HP Introduces Enterprise-level Solution for Use with SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse Accelerator
PALO ALTO, Calif., HP today announced an advanced high-end solution for the SAP NetWeaver® Business Warehouse Accelerator software.
The solution, when attached to a system running the SAP NetWeaver BW 7.0 component, can help large organizations lower costs by quickly gaining access to critical information such as inventory and profitability data.
Designed for customers with business warehouse (BW) databases larger than 10 terabytes (TB), the HP solution offers:
* Accelerated processing – Scalable HP ProLiant BL460c server blades, in a HP BladeSystem c7000 enclosure, safeguard the accelerated parallel processing of SAP NetWeaver BW data.
* Increased storage capacity – With HP StorageWorks 4400 Scalable NAS File Services, organizations have the option to extend storage from 4 TB up to 38 TB.
* Simple compatibility with any existing technology running a SAP NetWeaver BW 7.0 component – Core components, including HP Virtual Connect for fast network connection, SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator software and the SUSE Linux (SLES 10) operating system, create a solution that easily interfaces with any existing SAP NetWeaver BW 7.0-based environment.
* Fast and easy implementation – The pretested and optimized solutions are validated by SAP and individually sized to fit each organization’s unique business requirements. Each solution is preconfigured by HP Factory Express for easy and fast integration into any landscape, requiring no changes to the existing technology infrastructure and BW database.
* Monitoring and management options – Various tools are available for testing, monitoring, management and support, including HP LoadRunner for load test, HP GlancePlus Pack and HP Remote Support Pack for proactive and reactive support.
“With immediate access to critical data, customers can quickly make fact-based business decisions and drive competitive advantage,” said Elke Reichart, vice president, SAP Global Strategic Alliances, HP. “These high-availability solutions plus HP mission-critical support for SAP systems ensure that customers are able to get the most out of their infrastructure investments.”
SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator-based solutions for companies of all sizes
HP offers three solutions for use with an SAP NetWeaver BW 7.0-based system, addressing the unique needs of enterprise, midsize and small organizations. The preconfigured solutions are easily integrated with existing SAP NetWeaver BW software-based systems to deliver faster and more reliable query response times for large data volumes and non-routine queries.
For customers who want to test HP’s SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator software-based system before investing, HP engages in a proof of concept. Using analysis and key data – such as the size of the SAP NetWeaver BW-based database, the number and complexity of the InfoCubes to be accelerated and the planned performance improvements – the system is custom-built to help ensure easy and fast integration into an organization’s technology environment.
“Our fast-growing database and complex reporting structure required a reliable, expandable and stable solution,” said Stéphane Bianchi, head of Business Intelligence at Coop, the second-largest retailer in Switzerland. “The new high-end HP solution used together with SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator improves our reporting performance significantly.”
HP and SAP share a strong alliance and provide high levels of value and flexibility for customers by lowering total cost of delivery and enhancing performance and workloads of offerings.
HP proactive and reactive support services include HP solutions for use with SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator software and the core SAP NetWeaver BW. HP Proactive 24 for SAP applications and HP Critical Service for SAP for mission-critical production systems are tailored to the specific needs of SAP NetWeaver BW Accelerator software-based landscapes.
These solutions provide ongoing support, including a single point of contact with SAP solution-specific expertise and an HP account support engineer. HP also manages the interface between the solutions from SAP and HP for fast problem resolution.
Pricing and availability
HP solutions for use with SAP NetWeaver BW are available worldwide. Pricing is based on solutions components. Business intelligence consulting services must be ordered separately.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.