AMD Technology Delivers the Ultimate Visual Experience™ to Customers Running Windows® 7 Release Candidate
* AMD (NYSE:AMD) today congratulates Microsoft Corp. on the availability of Windows® 7 release candidate (RC), and recommends customers try the next-generation Windows operating system on AMD-based desktop and notebook platforms to experience a truly dynamic visual computing experience.
* Microsoft, working with AMD and other partners, is focusing on addressing customers’ top computing priorities and evolving usage scenarios to deliver a better and more robust operating system for consumers and businesses.
* This week, AMD announced that its Windows 7 driver has received Windows Hardware Quality Lab (WHQL) certification. In March, AMD launched the industry’s first Windows 7 unified graphics driver with the ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 software suite. These drivers, and every subsequent ATI Catalyst driver update, are designed to deliver a unified driver installation packaged to incorporate Windows 7 support, including Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 1.1 compliance. Ready for Windows 7 today, feedback from developers testing applications using the Windows 7 beta release will help ensure the ATI Catalyst unified driver continues to deliver industry-leading stability and performance.
* AMD continues to work closely with Microsoft to ensure broad availability of optimized hardware and software solutions for Windows 7 at launch. AMD’s mainstream multi-core and 64-bit microprocessor technology and advanced graphics solutions provide consumers with superior performance, stability and compatibility for Windows 7, along with a stunning visual experience for the Windows 7 Aero desktop.
AMD and Microsoft Comments
“As the only processor company offering DirectX® 10.1 graphics hardware support and a unified WDDM 1.1 graphics driver for both Windows 7 and Windows Vista, AMD continues to work closely with Microsoft to deliver a visually superior and dynamic computing experience,” said David Kenyon, vice president, worldwide channel marketing, AMD. “We are excited to offer our customers an opportunity to test the release candidate of the Windows 7 operating system on AMD-technology based desktops and notebooks, and eagerly anticipate the consumer launch later this year.”
“We know people today are using their computers in new and innovative ways, and we set out to ensure that Windows 7 met and exceeded their needs. Based on the feedback from our beta users, we’re confident that consumers are going to be excited about the improvements we’ve made to Windows 7,” said Jeff Price, Senior Director for Windows Product Management at Microsoft. “By working closely with important industry partners like AMD, we’ve been able to incorporate the latest graphics features and capabilities into Windows 7 that will ensure customers have a great visual experience with Windows 7 running on AMD-based systems.”
* Blog post from AMD CMO Nigel Dessau
* AMD Supports Windows 7 in ATI Catalyst™ 9.3 Unified Driver press release
* Download the ATI Catalyst driver
* Download the Windows 7 WHQL certified driver for ATI Radeon graphics
* AMD and Microsoft
* About Windows 7 on AMD-based notebooks and desktopsDownload Windows 7 RC
* Download Windows 7 RC
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Copyright 2009, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, Catalyst, The Ultimate Visual Experience, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.